影视精讲《怦然心动》第19期:我怕伤了她的感情
日期:2012-06-26 18:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Hi, Bryce. Brought you some more eggs.
布莱斯 又给你拿了些鸡蛋
Thanks. Did your family like the first batch?
谢谢 你家人喜欢上一批吗
Do you even have to ask?
还用问吗
Great. See you at school.
太好了 学校见
What I hoped would be a one-time event...
我本以为这是一次性事件
was just the beginning of a life consumed with lies,intrigue and deception.
可这只是一段谎言阴谋和欺骗生涯的开始
Every morning I'd be on the lookout for Juli...
每天早上我都盯着朱莉
so if she happened to come,
这样如果她要来
I could whip the door open before she knocked.
我就能在她敲门之前把门打开
Thanks.
谢谢
Then I'd dump the eggs before anyone noticed.
然后在有人注意到之前把鸡蛋扔掉
And why? Why couldn't I just face her?
这是为什么 为什么我就是没法面对她
Why couldn't I just say:
为什么我就不能说
"No, thanks. Don't want them.
不 谢谢 不想要
Don't need them. Give them to the snake"?
不需要 拿去给蛇吃吧
Was I really afraid of hurting her feelings...
我是真的怕伤了她的感情呢
or was I just afraid of her?
还是因为我怕她呢

重点解释

生词快记:

deception:欺骗

whip:迅速作成

dump:倾倒

词汇精解:

hope:

v.希望;期望;盼望

n.希望

I hope to announce the winner shortly.

我希望马上宣布胜利者的名字。

【词源解说】

直接源自古英语的hopian,意为希望,期望,盼望。

【词义辨析】

desire, wish, hope, expect, want, long 这些动词都有“希望”之意。

desire:语气较正式庄重,着重渴望的力量与热切,常含有强烈的意图和目的。

Most people desire happiness and good health.

大多数人渴望幸福和健康。

wish:语气较弱,多指难于实现或不可能实现的愿望。

If possible, I wish to work in sales department.

如果可能的话,我希望在销售部工作。

hope:指对愿望实现有一定信心的希望。

I hope to announce the winner shortly.

我希望马上宣布胜利者的名字。

expect:通常指有很大程度的把握,但仍含有预料之意,或预计某事或某行动的发生。

This is what we expect to happen.

这就是我们所预期将会发生的。
want:一般指所想要的东西是切望得到的东西,能弥补实际需要。

I want large ones, not small ones.

我要大的, 不要小的。

long:语气强,指极殷切地盼望着,这种盼望侧重于很难或不可能得到的东西。有时也指一般愿望,但含一定感情色彩。

She longed to be back in China.

她渴望回到中国。

高频词组:

the beginning of:...开端

Today is the beginning of tomorrow.

今天是明天的开始。

consume with:使全神贯注

The boy was consumed with curiosity.

那男孩充满好奇心。

分享到
重点单词
  • consumev. 消耗,花费,挥霍
  • intriguen. 阴谋,复杂的事,私通 vt. 欺骗,激起 ...
  • deceptionn. 骗局,诡计,欺诈
  • announcevt. 宣布,宣告,声称,预示 vi. 作播音员,宣布竞
  • curiosityn. 好奇,好奇心