(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
台词赏析:
Bryce:She's just stubborn...and she's pushybeyondbelief.
她就是很倔吧 固执得要命
Grandpa:Is that so?
是吗
Bryce:And she's been stalking mesincethe second grade.
从二年级起她就一直缠着我
Grandpa:Well, a girl like that doesn't live next door to everyone.
并非人人都能和这样的女孩做邻居
Bryce:Lucky them.
那他们很幸运
Grandpa:Read this.Without prejudice.
看看这个 放下成见
Bryce:Like I needed to know anything more about Juli Baker.
好像我还不够了解朱莉·贝克似的
Juli wasn't at the bus stop the next morning.
第二天早上朱莉没去等校车
Or the morning after that.
第三天早上也没有
She was at school, but you'd never know it.
她来上学了 可不知道她是怎么来的
Friend:Little Joe? He's got so muchmake upon... He doesn't age.
小乔? 他化了很重的妆 他又不老
Bryce:I told myself I shouldbe glad aboutit.
我对自己说应该感到高兴才对
I mean, isn't that what I'd always wanted?
这不正是我想要的吗
But still, I felt bad for her.
但我还是很为她难过
I was gonna tell her I was sorry, but then I thought, hey, no...
我想去跟她道歉 可转念一想 不行
...that's the last thing I needed:
我决不能让朱莉·贝克以为
Juli Baker thinking I missed her.
我想她了
Juli:I see why you like to come out here.
我知道你为何喜欢来这里了
重点解释
词汇精解:
beyond:
prep. 超过; 越过; 那一边; 在……较远的一边
adv. 在远处; 在更远处
n. 远处
Don't stay here beyond midnight.
别在这待过午夜。
Driven beyond endurance, they led the villagers to arm themselves and prepare for action.
他们忍无可忍,领导乡亲们拿起武器准备行动。
since:
prep. 从……以来; 自从……之后; 自从
adv. 以后,此后; 后来; (距今几年)以前; (从那时候起几年)以前
conj. 自从……以来; 自从……的时候起; 既然; 由于
All right, don't force him to do it since he won't.
也罢, 既然他不愿做,就不要勉强他。
A lot of [Lots of] work has been done by her since yesterday.
昨天以来她己做了大量的工作。
as, because, for, since的区别:这些连词均含有“因为”之意。
as:从属连词,语意较because, since弱,着重在主句,所表示的原因或理由是"附带的"。
He lost his job as a result of the dispute.
由于这次争端,他的工作丢掉了。
because:从属连词,语意强,着重直接的原因或理由,所引出的从句是全句的重心,用以回答why提出的问题。
Because of the coldness of the weather we stayed indoors.
我们因天气寒冷呆在家里。
for:并列连词,语气较弱,所引出的句子一般放在后面,表示附带说明的理由或推断理由。
The story must be true, for I read it in the newspaper.
这个故事准是真的,因为那是我在报上看到的。
since:语意比because弱,但比as强,一般用于表示"由于大家已知的事实"。
Since it is late I shall go home now.
由于时间晚了,我现在要回家了。
重点词组:
be glad about:对……高兴
I feel very glad about it.
我对此事感到非常高兴。
happy,glad,cheerful,joyful的区别:
happy:侧重感到满足、幸福或高兴。
glad:最普通用词,语气较弱,表示礼貌的惯用语。指乐于做某事或因某事而感到满足,常表愉快的心情。
cheerful:多指因内心的愉快而表现出兴高采烈,是强调而自然的感情流露。
joyful:语气较强,强调心情或感情上的欣喜。
视野拓展:
glad rags:盛装;礼服
glad hand:热情洋溢的欢迎;带有动机的虚假热烈招呼
be anxious about:对……感到焦虑
There is no reason to be anxious about the result.
不必为这结果而担心。
be nervous about:对……紧张
Don't be nervous about me, I'll worry along somehow.
不要为我操心,我会设法活下去。
