影视精讲《怦然心动》第31期:看到朱莉会不自然
日期:2012-07-09 20:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Patsy:We're going to invite the Bakers over for dinner.
我们要请贝克家过来吃饭
Bryce:What? I don't know, Mom.
什么 有点意外啊 妈妈
Patsy:I think that's a marvelous idea.
这是个很棒的主意
Patsy, what purpose does this serve?
帕茜 干嘛请他们来
Patsy:Trina Baker is a very nice person.
翠娜·贝克人很不错
And Matt and Mark are really cool. I hate cool.
马特跟马克也很酷 我讨厌酷
Patsy:Something we should've done years ago.
几年前就该请他们吃饭了
Dad:Yeah, but we didn't. And now we can't.
是啊 当初没有 现在就更不行了
The statute of limitations has run out.
时机已经错过了
Patsy:We're having the Bakers over for dinner.
请贝克家过来吃饭请定了
Dad:If this is about what I said last night, I'm sorry, okay?
如果是因为昨晚我所说的话 我道歉 好吗
But, you know, having them over for dinner is not gonna fix his brother.
可是请他们过来吃饭也治不好他弟弟
Patsy:It's going to be a sit-down dinner.
这将是个正式晚宴
And I expect everyone to dress accordingly.
希望大家衣着得体
Dad:Oh, God. Can't we just have a barbecue?
天哪 就弄个烧烤不好吗
Patsy:It's going to be a sit-down dinner.
是正式晚宴
Dad:Just shoot me now.
杀了我吧
Patsy:Careful what you wish for.
这话可不能乱说
Bryce:So that was it.
于是就这么定了
A dress-up, sit-down dinner
正式着装的正式晚宴
with Juli Baker was in my immediate future.
不久就要和朱莉·贝克坐在一个饭桌上了
And that made seeing Juli at school more uncomfortable.
这让我在学校看见朱莉时更不自然了

重点解释

妙语佳句:

run out:文中意思为“错过”,除此之外还有“用尽,耗尽”的意思。

Natural gas will be the first to run out.

天然气将首先被用完。

sit-down dinner:正式晚餐

Well, in that case, a sit-down dinner is out of the question.

噢,那样的话,正式的晚餐是不可能的了。

dress-up:穿上盛装

Oh, playing dress-up, are we?

哦,在玩盛装打扮,对吗?

I think that's a marvelous idea.这是个很棒的主意。

Patsy, what purpose does this serve?帕茜,干嘛请他们来?

经典台词:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.   
树上掉下的苹果它落的地离树能有多远?(有其父[母]必有其子[女])   


And I realized Garrett was right about one thing: I had flipped. Completely.   
我意识到加利特一件事是说对了:我心动了。完全心动了。

考考你:

时机已经错过了。

这将是个正式晚宴。

希望大家衣着得体。

上期答案:

why should I care what he thought about anything?
It was about making our house better.
That was the first time I ever heard my parents really yell at each other.

分享到
重点单词
  • statuten. 法令,法规
  • yellv. 大叫 n. 大喊
  • immediateadj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的
  • uncomfortableadj. 不舒服的,不自在的
  • marvelousadj. 令人惊异的,了不起的,不平常的