影视精讲《怦然心动》第28期:布雷斯伤了朱莉的心
日期:2012-07-06 20:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Juli:Oh, you're sounding really good.Yeah.
听起来真不错 嗯
Brother:We'll record it in Skyler's garage.
我们要在斯凯勒的车库里录这首歌
That's a wonderful project.
这是个很棒的计划
Juli:Speaking of projects, I was thinking it might be cool tofix upthe yard.
说到计划 我想修理下院子会很不错
Father:What?I mean, how much can grass seed cost?
什么 我是说 草种能花多少钱呢
Juli:I could plant a lawn, maybe some flowers.
我可以种块草坪 也许再种些花
I could even put up a fence.
甚至弄个栅栏
Father:Honey, that's a major undertaking.
宝贝 那可是笔大开销
Juli:I could pay for it with my egg money.No. That's your money.
我可以用我卖鸡蛋的钱支付 不 那是你的钱
Father:The landlord should be the one taking care of all this.
这些事应该房东做才对
Juli:But he doesn't. And we live here.
但他没做 我们又住在这儿
And it looks so bad.
看上去太糟糕了
Father:Jules.
朱莉
What's going on?
怎么了
Juli:Nothing, Dad.
没什么 爸爸
Mother:It's okay, sweetheart.
没关系的 甜心
You can tell us.
告诉我们吧
Juli:The Loskis have been throwing away my eggs
洛斯奇家把我的鸡蛋全扔了
because they're afraid of salmonella.
因为他们担心有沙门氏菌
Because our yard is such a mess.
因为我们的院子一团糟
Mother:Did Patsy say that?
帕茜这么说的吗
Juli:No. Bryce did.
不是 布莱斯说的

重点解释

妙语佳句:

fix up:文中意思为“修理,改进”,除此还有“安排”的意思

eg.I fix up bikes and give them away.

我修理自行车并把它们赠送出去。

Can you fix up a meeting in a hotel?

你能在饭店安排一次会议吗?

put up:文中意思为“建造”,除此还有“供给...住宿”的意思

eg.They put up a tent by the fire.

他们在火堆旁搭起了一个帐篷。
We can put all of you up for the night.
我们可以安排你们所有人过夜。

pay for :付款,赔偿

eg.I'm afraid you have to pay for it.

恐怕你得赔偿了。

throw away:扔掉

eg.Don't throw your tickets away!

别把车票扔掉!

Honey, that's a major undertaking.宝贝,那可是笔大开销。

经典台词:
Sherry Stalls was nothing but a whiny, gossipy, backstabbing flirt. All hair and no substance. And there she was holding hands with Bryce. My Bryce. The one who was walking around with my first kiss.
雪利·斯道尔斯是个絮絮叨叨、阴险毒辣的长舌妇,头发长见识短。可她竟然牵起了布莱斯的手。那可是我的布莱斯!带着我的初吻到处招摇的布莱斯!

And she's been stalking me since the second grade.
她从二年级起就老是缠着我。
Well, a girl like that doesn't live next door to everyone.   
这种女孩可是可遇不可求的。

考考你:

我是说,草种能花多少钱呢?

我可以用我卖鸡蛋的钱支付

洛斯奇家把我的鸡蛋全扔了。

上期答案:http://www.kekenet.com/menu/201207/189233.shtml

I'd never been embarrassed by where we lived before.

Do I stand a chance with you?

This weird feeling started taking over in the pit of my stomach...

分享到
重点单词
  • lawnn. 草地,草坪 n. 上等细麻布
  • tentn. 帐篷 v. 住帐篷,宿营
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • fencen. 栅栏,围墙,击剑术 n. 买卖赃物的人 v. 用篱
  • flirtn. 卖弄风骚的人,调情的人 vi. 掠过,轻率对待,调
  • substancen. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产