(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
台词赏析:
Juli:Three blocks away.
还有三个街区
Bryce:Every morning we had to listen to thesound...of her blow-by-blow traffic report.
每天早上我们都不得不听着她那不厌其烦的校车预报
Juli:Two blocks.There you go.
两个街区 来了
Friend:Why do they call it The Three Stooges?
为什么要叫《活宝三人组》呢
I mean, there's five of them. What?
我是说明明有五个 什么
Well, yeah, there's Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and Curly Joe.
有莫尔 拉瑞 克里 山普 还有卷毛乔
Yeah, but they only have threeat a time.Yeah.
对 不过每次出场都只有三个 也是
You know, I hate Curly Joe.
我不喜欢卷毛乔
I mean, he shouldn't even be a Stooge.
他根本就算不上是活宝
Cops:Listen, girl, I'm thisclose tocalling the police.
听着 小姑娘 我就要报警了
You are trespassing and obstructing progress on a contracted job.
你这是擅闯私人领地 妨碍正常施工
What's going on? Either you come down...or we're gonna cut you down.
怎么回事 要么你自己下来 要么我们就把你砍下来了
Juli:Bryce, you guys, come up here with me.
布莱斯 你们也爬上来
They won't cut it down if we're all up here.
如果我们都在树上 他们就不敢砍
Friend:Bus, bus, bus.
车来了 车来了
Bryce:Juli wasfrantic.
朱莉抓狂了
They wanted to cut down her tree.
他们想砍掉她的树
I couldn't understand why that mutant tangle of gnarly branches meant so much to her.
我真不明白 她怎么那么在乎那棵长得歪七扭八的树
Juli:Bryce, please.
布莱斯 求你了
Bryce:I felt bad for her.Leave her.
我挺同情她 别管她了
But I wasn't about to cut school over it.Come on, bro.
但我不想因此逃课 快来 哥们儿
Grandpa:Why isn't she your friend, Bryce?
为什么她不是你的朋友 布莱斯
Bryce:You'd have to know Juli.
你得先了解朱莉
Well, I'd like to.
我正想了解
Bryce:Why?
为什么
Grandpa:That girl has an iron backbone.
那姑娘很有骨气
重点解释
词汇精解:
frantic:adj. 发疯似的; 发狂的; 厉害的; 非常的
He beat a frantic tattoo with his hands on the door.
他用手疯狂地连续敲门。
sound:
n. 声音
vi. 发声; 听起来,好像; 回响
vt. 使出声,使发声; 清楚地发出; 宣布,发表; 颂扬
Can you sound your friend out and see whether he will help?
你能试探一下你的朋友,看看他能否帮忙吗?
adj. 健全的; 合理的; 完好的,无损的; 明智的
The child has a sound mind in a sound body.
这孩子身心健康。
adv. 彻底地,充分地
常用词汇:
sound off:高声谈论:有力地抒发自己的见解
He was always sounding off about higher taxes.
他总是就更高税收有力地抒发自己的见解
close to(+ing):离…近; 与…关系密切
After three days without food, the men were close to starvation.
3天没吃东西,这些人都快饿死了。
习惯用语:
close to home:受家庭影响地:以影响某人的感情或兴趣
Her comment hit close to home.
她的看法受家庭影响
close to the wind【航海】:接近风向地:接近风向的角度
Sailing close to the wind.
接近风向地航行
词义辨析:
close, near, nearby的区别:这些形容词均有“接近的”之意。
close:语气强于near。指时间、地点或程度方面的接近,有紧靠、相邻的意味。
Stick close to me and you won't get lost.
紧跟在我后面你就迷不了路。
near:语气弱于close,也指时间或空间上的接近,但无"紧接,接触"的含义。
We had a few near misses in the first raid.
在第一次袭击中,有几次我们都差一点就命中目标。
nearby:指距离上很近,近在咫尺。
From the reports of guns we knew that hunters must be nearby.
听枪声我们知道猎人必定在附近。
重点词组:
at a time:依次, 逐一, 每次
Hold the ladder tightly and move up a rung at a time.
抓紧梯子一级一级地往上爬。
at times:有时,间或
Everyone may make mistakes at times.
每个人不时都会犯错误。
