(单词翻译:单击)
2.Yoga and aerobics Dialogue
2.瑜伽,健身操 对话
Steven meets Lucy in the gym. She is a yoga trainer. So he consults her about yoga.
史蒂文在健身房遇见了露西。露西是一个瑜伽教练,史蒂文向她咨询了一些有关瑜伽的问题。
Steven: Yoga is rather popular nowadays.
史蒂文:现在瑜伽很流行。
Lucy: Yeah. Especially among young people.
露西:是的,尤其是在年轻人当中。
Steven: But is it for women only?
史蒂文:但是不是只有女的才可以练呢?
Lucy: No, men can also do it. As a matter of fact, yoga is simply a special gymnastic exercise. But you have to pay attention to its particular way of breathing while practicing it.
露西:不是的,男的也可以练瑜伽。实际上瑜伽是一种特殊的体操运动,但是在做瑜伽时你必须注意其特别的呼吸方式。
Steven: Oh, I see. Is it tiresome?
史蒂文:哦,我明白了。练瑜伽累吗?
Lucy: Well, in the beginners' class, it's not tiresome at all. But in the advanced class. It's rather demanding.
露西:恩……在初级班,你一点儿也不会感到累;但在高级班,对体力的要求确实有点高。
Steven: That sounds like aerobics. I used to do that.
史蒂文:这听上去倒很像做有氧运动。我以前常做。
Lucy: In that case, it's easier for you to learn yoga for it has something in common with aerobics.
露西:那样的话,你学瑜伽就会简单多了,因为它和有氧运动在有些方面是相通的。