(单词翻译:单击)
2 Food Dialogue
2 饮食 对话
Julia had done the breakfast well. She called Steven to have it. Now they
are at the table.
史蒂文的妻子菜莉娅已经做好了早餐。她喊史蒂文一起吃早餐。他们此刻正在饭桌上。
Julia: Steven, I am ready for breakfast.
茱莉娅:史蒂文,可以吃早餐了。
Steven: OK. But where is my favorite coffee?
史蒂文:好的。但是我最喜欢喝的咖啡在哪里?
Julia: It's in that pan there. Your boy Dean broke the silex yesterday, so I have to boil it in the pan.
茱莉娅:在那个锅里。儿子迪恩昨晚把咖啡壶打碎了,所以我只能用锅煮咖啡。
Steven: It tastes like crankcase oil, but delicious.
史蒂文:这味道有点儿像汽车里的机油,不过还不错。
Julia: That's good. You can make breakfast yourself if you don't like it.
茱莉娅:那好,如果你不喜欢,你可以自己动手做早餐。
Steven: What is there besides coffee?
史蒂文:除了咖啡还有什么?
Julia: I warmed a couple of snails, and your eggs are in the frying pan.
茱莉娅:我热的两个面包卷。你的鸡蛋在煎锅里。
Steven: Oh, my God. It's nearly eight, f have no time to have breakfast now. My watch says seven fifty.
史蒂文:哦,天啊。将近8点了。我没时间吃早餐了。我的表已经7点50分了。
Julia: Don't worry. It's only ten to seven. You must have forgotten to set your watch back.
茱莉娅:不要担心,现在刚6点50分,你一定忘了把表拨快1小时了。
Steven: Yes, it was. The clock on the wall says eight to seven.
史蒂文:嗯,墙上的钟表是6点52分了。
Julia: Yeah.Keep on eating your breakfast. You can catch the early bus.
茱莉娅:是啊。继续吃早餐吧。你能赶上早班车的。
Steven: Gee. I could have slept another hour.
史蒂文:唉!我本来可以再多睡1小时的。