位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 简爱 > 正文
重温经典《简爱》2011版第88期:两颗痛楚的心灵都在火中煎熬
日期:2012-08-18 18:32

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

影视片花

台词欣赏

Rochester:Jane. Forgive me. I'm worthless. How could I?

简 请原谅我 你怎么能这样对待你

Jane. No tears. Why don't you cry?

简 你没哭 为什么没哭

Why not scream at me? I deserve a hail of fire.

为什么不骂我呢 我该下地狱

Jane:I need some water.

我要喝点水

Rochester:Of course.J ane. How are you now?

没问题 简 你还好吗

Jane:I will be well again soon.

我很快会好起来的

Rochester:I know you. You're thinking.

我太了解你了 你是在思考

Talking is of no use, you're thinking how to act.

多说无益 你在考虑该怎么做

Jane:All is changed, sir. I must leave you.

一切都变了 先生 我必须离开你

Rochester:No. No! Jane, do you love me?

不 不 简 你爱我吗

Then the essential things are the same. Be my wife.

那么一切的本质都没改变 做我的妻子吧

Jane:You have a wife.

你已经有一个妻子了

Rochester:I pledge you my honor, my fidelity...

我以我的名誉 我的忠心向你发誓

Jane:You cannot.

不要这样

Rochester:...my love, until death do us part.

我爱你 只有死亡才能将我们分开

Jane:What of truth?

我要听真相

Rochester:I would have told you the truth.

我应该早点告诉你真相

Jane:You are deceitful, sir!

你骗我 先生

Rochester:I was wrong to deceive you.I see that now.

之前欺骗你是我不对 我现在知道错了

It was cowardly.

我真是懦夫

I should have appealed to your spirit as I do now.

我早该像现在这样向你坦白

Bertha Antoinetta Mason.

Bertha Antoinetta Mason

She was wanted by my father for her fortune.

我父亲看中她的财产 逼我娶她

I hardly spoke with her before the wedding.

结婚之前我几乎未曾与她谋面

I lived with her for four years.

我们一起生活了四年

Her temper ripened, her vices sprang up, violent and unchaste.

她的脾气一发不可收拾 不守妇道 她的劣迹层出不穷 她残忍凶暴

Only cruelty would check her, and I'd not use cruelty.

只有用残暴的手段才能加以制止 而我又不忍心

I was chained to her for life, Jane.

我这辈子都被她拴住了

Not even the law could free me.

简 法律也无法将我解脱

Have you ever set foot in a madhouse, Jane?

你去过疯人院吗 简

Jane:No, sir.

没有 先生

Rochester:The inmates are caged and baited like beasts.

病人们像野兽一样 被关进笼子等候喂食

I spared her that at least. Jane.

我不忍将她送到那儿去 简

Jane:I earnestly pity you, sir.

我真诚地怜悯你 先生

Rochester:No. Who would you offend by living with me? Who would care?

不 和我一起生活有何妨 谁会在意呢

Jane:I would.

我介意

Rochester:You'd rather drive me to madness than break some mere human law?

你宁愿让我发疯也不愿打破世俗的法规吗

Jane:I must respect myself.

我必须尊重我自己

Rochester:Listen to me. Listen.

听我说 听着

I could bend you with my finger and my thumb, a mere reed you feel in my hands.

你就像我手心的一根芦苇 我不费吹灰之力就能把你折弯

But whatever I do with this cage, I cannot get at you.

但不管我怎样突破这个牢笼我却无法触及你

And it is your soul that I want.

我深爱着你的灵魂

Why don't you come of your own free will?

你为什么不听从自己这颗自由的心

Jane:God help me!

上帝帮帮我吧

重点讲解

词汇提炼:

1. worthless:没有用的,无价值的

2. scream:尖叫

3. deserve:应受,应得

4. essential:本质的,基本的

5. pledge:保证,许诺

6. honor:荣誉

7. part:分开,分离

8. fidelity:忠诚,忠实

9. deceive:欺骗

10. cowardly:胆小的

11. appeal:诉请

12. vice:道德败坏

13. unchaste:不贞的,无节操的

14. ripen:使成熟

15. cruelty:残酷行为

16. check:阻止

17. chain:束缚

18. madhouse:精神病院

19. inmate:(精神病院的)收容者

20. cage:关进笼中

21. bait:故意激怒

22. spare:赦免

23. earnestly:认真地

24. pity:同情,怜悯

25. offend:冒犯,得罪,伤害

26. respect:尊重,尊敬

27. bend:使弯曲

28. reed:芦苇

重点词汇精讲:

Essential

Exp. relating to sb's/sth's basic nature本质的

Eg. His essential decency makes it impossible to dislike him.

他十分正派,使人不能不喜欢他。

Pledge

Usage: ~ sth (to sb/sth)

Exp. promise solemnly to give (support,etc); give (one's word, honour, etc) as a pledge

保证给予(支持等); 以(誓言﹑ 名誉等)作担保

Eg. He pledges allegiance to the king.

他发誓效忠国。

Eg. My father has pledged a donation to a charity.

我的父亲承诺向慈善机构捐献。

Eg. Mary was pledged to secrecy

Mary誓守秘密。

Appeal

Usage: ~ (to sth) (against sth)

Exp. take a question to a higher court where it can be heard again and a new decision given

(向上级法院)上诉

Eg. I've decided not to appeal.

我决定不上诉。

Eg. She appealed to the high court against her sentence.

她不服判决而向高等法院上诉。

Deceive

Usage:~ sb/oneself (into doing sth)

Exp. make sb believe sth that is not true (so as to make him do sth); deliberately mislead sb

欺骗某人(去做某事); 使自己信以为真(去做某事); 故意使(某人)误解

Eg. You can't pass exams without working, so don't deceive yourself into thinking you can.

不努力是考不及格的, 因此不要欺骗自己以为可以及格。

Eg. We were deceived into believing that he could help us.

我们受骗了, 还以为他能帮助我们。

Eg. His friendly manner did not deceive us for long.

他那热情的样子并没把我们欺骗多久。

Check

Exp. hold (sth) back; restrain (sth/oneself)

阻止住(某事物); 抑制(某事物); 克制(自己)

Eg. I am not unable to check my laughter at the moment.

我在那时候忍不住笑。

Eg. Mary was not unable to check her tears and anger when she was told that his boyfriend will part her.

当Mary得知男友要甩掉他的时候,他控制不住泪珠和愤怒。

Spare

Exp. refrain from hurting, harming or destroying (sb/sth); show mercy to

不伤害(某人某事物); 饶恕; 宽容

Eg. Please spare me!

请饶了我一命吧!

Eg. They killed the men but spared the children.

他们把男人都杀了, 但放过了孩子。

Eg. The woodman spared a few trees.

伐木工人留下了几棵树没砍掉。

Bait

Exp. torment (sb) by making cruel or insulting remarks 以侮辱性言辞折磨(某人)

Pity

Exp. feel pity for (sb) 对(某人)感到同情或怜悯

Eg. Pity the poor sailors at sea in this storm!

可怜可怜在这场风暴中在海上航行的那些倒霉的水手吧!

Eg. Survivors of the disaster who lost their relatives are much to be pitied.

灾难中丧失亲人的幸存者很值得同情。

Offend

Exp. cause (sb) to feel upset or angry; hurt the feelings of

触怒, 冒犯(某人); 伤(某人)的感情

Eg. She was offended at/by his sexist remarks.

他那些性别歧视的话把她惹恼了。

Eg. She may be offended if you don't reply to her invitation.

她请你, 你要是不回个信儿就可能把她得罪了。

Bend

Exp. force (sth that was straight) into an angle; make crooked or curved 使弯曲

Eg. It's hard to bend an iron bar.

把铁棒弄弯很不容易。

Eg. The mast was bent during the storm.

桅杆在风暴中变弯了。

Eg. The heat of the fire has bent these records.

火把这些唱片烤翘了。

Eg. Touch your toes without bending your knees.

用手够到你的脚趾, 膝盖别弯曲。

短语提炼:

1. scream at:朝着......尖叫

2. a hail of :一阵,一大堆

3. a hail of fire:一大堆火

4. be of:具有

5. no use:没有用

6. do sb part:使分离

7. what of :......的情况怎么样

8. the truth:真相

9. want sb for sth:为......需要......

10. speak with:和......说话

11. spring up:发生

12. be chained to:给......束缚

13. for life:终生

14. set foot in:进入,踏入

15.at least:至少

16. offend by:以(方式)得罪,伤害

17. drive sb to madness:逼近精神病院

18. break human law:打破世俗的法规

19. respect oneself:自重

20. get at:得到

21.come of :由......引起,是......的结果

22. free will:自由意志

重点短语深化记忆:

scream at

Eg. She should be desolate, broken hearted, ready to scream at fate.

她本该感到凄凉,伤心,发出绝望的喊叫。

a hail of

Eg. There was a hail of applause when the speaker mounted the platform.

演讲人走上讲台时爆发出一阵掌声。

Eg. They asked me a hail of questions.

他们向我问了一大堆问题。

Eg. He was dead, killed in a hail of bullets.

他在一阵弹雨中中弹身亡。

Eg. A hail of fire from us sent the enemy troops fleeing helter skelter.

我们一阵炮火打得敌军狼狈逃窜。

what of

Eg. You say your father's very rich.Well, what of it?He wouldn't accept any help from your father, even if it were offered.

你说你爸爸很有钱。那又怎么样?即使你爸爸提出帮助,他也不会接受。

Eg. What of the homeless children?

无家可归的小孩怎么办?

Eg. What of this case of Henry Sweet?

斯威特的情况怎么样呢?

Eg. Drouet had gone, but what of it?

杜洛埃走了,但是这又怎么样呢?

spring up

Eg. A little town will spring up on the hills around the meadow.

围着草地的小山上会兴起一个小小的城镇来。

Eg, Doubts have begun to spring up in my mind.

我突然起了疑心。

Eg. New official tongues spring up at an increasing rate.

新的官方语言日益增长,不断涌现出来。

be chained to

Eg. Too many women feel chained to the kitchen sink.

很多妇女觉得自己被拴在了厨房的洗涤槽上。

Eg. The prisoners were chained to the wall.

囚犯们被铁链锁在墙上。

Eg. I'm chained to my desk in London.

我被套在伦敦的办公室里了。

Eg. I'm sorry I have no time; I'm chained to my work

对不起我没时间,我工作忙得脱不开身。

for life

Eg. Prison has branded him for life.

坐牢使他一生在心上留下了烙。

Eg, A good education should equip you for life.

有良好的教育能受用终生.

Eg. Are you sure that you want him for your partner for life?

你肯定要他做你的终生伴侣吗

The accident lamed her for life.

那次事故使她终身残废了。

set foot in

Eg. I did not set foot in your room.

我没有进你房间。

Eg. You must be the simplest fellow that ever set foot in the city of London.

你准是到伦敦城来的最老实的人了。

Eg. I left him, determined never to set foot in that house again.

我离开了他,决心再也不进那个房子了。

Eg. The rich never set foot in these districts before liberation.

解放前,有钱人是从不到这个地区来的。

offend by

Eg. I hope I did not offend you by talking about you to John.

我希望我对约翰谈到你,不会冒犯你。

Eg. But at the same time they could not afford to offend him by sticking up for Owen.

可也都不敢替欧文说话,怕得罪了他。

get at

Eg. Paul always wanted to get at him and be friend with him.

保罗常常想接近他,和他交朋友。

Eg. The files are locked up and I can't get at them.

卷宗锁起来了, 我无法取出。

come of

Eg. Nothing but trouble will come of this plan.

这个计划只能带来麻烦.

Eg. We don't know if anything good will come of your decision.

我们不知道你的决定是否会带来好处。

Eg, No good will come of all these violation activities.

这些违法行为都不会有好结果的。

Eg. Will good come of your actions ?

你的行动会带来好处吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • dislikev. 不喜欢,厌恶 n. 不喜爱,厌恶,反感
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • invitationn. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致
  • fidelityn. 忠实,忠诚,准确性
  • applausen. 鼓掌,喝彩,赞许 v. 鼓掌
  • ripenv. (使)成熟
  • violationn. 违反,违背,妨碍
  • appealn. 恳求,上诉,吸引力 n. 诉诸裁决 v. 求助,诉
  • misleadvt. 误导,使产生错误印象,欺骗,使误入歧途