位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 简爱 > 正文
影视课堂《简爱》2011版第50期:做贼也不心虚
日期:2012-06-04 11:03

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

影视片花:

台词欣赏:

Mr. Brocklehurst:What is her parentage?

她出身如何?

Ms. Reed:She's an orphan.

她是个孤儿。

Her mother was my husband's sister.

她妈妈是我亡夫的妹妹。

On his deathbed he exhorted me to care for her.

我丈夫去世时交待我照顾她。

I have always treated her as one of my own.

我一直将她视为己出。

If you accept her at Lowood School, Mr. Brocklehurst, keep a strict eye on her.

Brocklehurst先生,如果您批准她进入洛伍德学校,请严厉管教她。

She has a heart of spite, and I'm sorry to say that her worst fault is that of deceit.

她满心怨恨,很惭愧的是,她最大的缺点是撒谎。

Mr. Brocklehurst: You can rest assured that we shall root out the wickedness in this small, ungrateful plant.

请您放心,我们会将这些不道德的行为从这棵不领情的小树苗心中连根拔出。

Ms. Reed:And as for its vacations, it must spend them all at Lowood.

至于假期,我也希望她能在 Lowood度过。

You may leave.

你走吧。

特别说明:该节目有可可原创,需转载请注明出处。

学习笔记

词汇精讲:

1.parentage出身

Eg. She was born of humble parentage.

她出身卑贱。

2.orphan孤儿

Eg. Having no children of their own they decided to adopt an orphan.

他们因没有亲生儿女,所以决定领养一个孤儿。

3.deathbed临死所卧之床, 临终之时

Eg. He forgave her on his deathbed.

他在临终之时原谅了她。

4.spite恶意, 怨恨

Eg. I'm sure he took my parking space just out of spite.

我认为他侵占我的停车位肯定是有意和我作对。

5.deceit欺骗, 诡计, 不诚实

Eg. Furious at his deceit, she let fly at him with a stream of abuse.

他欺骗人,气得她把他大骂了一顿。

6.assured确定的 放心的

Eg.Her success as an actress was now assured.

她当演员很成功,已毋庸置疑了。

7.wickedness邪恶

Eg. May God cleanse my wickedness.

愿上帝洗净我的邪恶。

重点词汇精讲:

1.root

Usage:root sth out

Exp. Destroy sthc ompletely根除,杜绝

Eg. They are determined to root out corruption

他们决心根除腐败现象。

Eg. I am going to root out every wasp's nest in the garden.

我要把花园里所有的黄蜂窝都端掉。

Eg. We must root out the source of this problem.

我们必须根绝问题的来源。

2.ungrateful

Usage:~ (to sb) (for sth)

Exp. not recognizing a kindness, service, etc; not grateful 不感激的; 不领情的; 忘恩负义的

Eg. How dare you! You've got a lot of nerve to do that to me. You ungrateful wretch!

好大的胆!你竟敢对我干出这种事。你这个忘恩负义的坏蛋!

Eg. He seems so ungrateful for anything we did that we have given up trying to help him.

他似乎对我们所作的一切都毫不领情,因此我们也不愿再帮助他了。

3.exhorte

Usage:~ sb (to sth)

Exp. (fml 文) advise sb strongly or earnestly; urge sb 劝告, 规劝或告诫(某人)

Eg. The chairman exhorted the party workers to action.

主席敦促党的工作人员采取行动。

Eg. The teacher exhorted him to work hard。

教师谆谆告诫他要用功.

短语精讲:

1.on one's deathbed在临终时, 在生命垂危时

Eg. On his deathbed he wrote a letter to the Soviet Union as part of his testament.

他在临终的时候,还写了一封给苏联的信,当作他的一份遗嘱。

Eg. She is on her deathbed.

她奄奄一息。

Eg. You mean the one that my grandmother made me swear on her deathbed that I would never let out of our family?

你说的是我祖母在临终之前让我发誓绝不外传的独家秘方?

2.care for:照顾,照料

Eg. I wonder whether they will care for us all to go there.

我不知道他们是否喜欢我们都到那儿去。

Eg. It seemed to be her mission to care for her brother's children.

照顾她兄弟的孩子似乎成了她一生的使命。

3.treated sb as one of one's own:视如己出

4.keep an eye on:留神,照看,密切注意

Eg. I'll keep an eye on the matter.

这事儿我在心就是了。

Eg. We must keep an eye on her.

我们得注意她。

Eg. She keeps an eye on me and won't let me be shabby.

她监视着我,不让我穿得寒怆。

The doorman kept a wary eye on strangers.

门房密切注意陌生人。

5.has a heart of spite:有一个邪恶的心

6.rest assured:放心

Eg. You may rest assured that we shall do all we can.

你可以放心我们一定会尽力而为。

Eg. Rest assured that you'll receive the best care.

请放心,你会得到最好的照顾的。

Eg. You may rest assured that we will take your views into consideration.

Rest assured of that; you well know that our interests are the same.

这一点你尽管放心,你很明白,我们有着共同的利害。

7.root out:斩草除根,根除杜绝

Eg. Do you think it is possible to root out crime?

你认为可以根除犯罪吗?

Eg. It is vain to attempt to root out heresy by force.

试图用暴力消除异端邪说是徒劳的。

8.as for:至于

Eg. As for you, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

至于你,你应该感到惭愧。

Eg. As for the hotel, it was very uncomfortable and miles from the sea.

至于旅馆了,非常不舒服,而且离海边有好几里地。

特别说明:该节目有可可原创,需转载请注明出处。

分享到
重点单词
  • deceitn. 欺骗,诡计,不诚实
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • waryadj. 小心的,机警的
  • humbleadj. 卑下的,谦逊的,粗陋的 vt. 使 ... 卑
  • vainadj. 徒劳的,无效的,自负的,虚荣的
  • considerationn. 考虑,体贴,考虑因素,敬重,意见 n. 报酬
  • sourcen. 发源地,来源,原始资料
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • urgevt. 驱策,鼓励,力陈,催促 vi. 极力主张 n.