位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 简爱 > 正文
重温经典《简爱》2011版第83期:至死还要傲慢
日期:2012-08-11 12:45

(单词翻译:单击)

边睹边读

影视片花

台词欣赏

Jane Eyre. I've twice done you wrong. And I broke the vow I made to Reed.

简·爱 我对你做过两件错事 我违背了对里德的诺言

Please don't think of it.

请你不要再想了

Open that box. Take out the letter and read it.

打开那盒子 把信拿出来读一读

Madam, will you have the goodness to send me the address of my niece, Jane Eyre?

夫人能否烦请您给我我的侄女简·爱的地址呢

I desire her to come to me at Madeira.

我希望她能到马德拉来

Fortune has blessed my endeavors and as I am childless,

我一生奋斗 积攒财富

I wish to adopt her and bequeath her at my death whatever I may have to leave.

因我膝下无儿 希望能收养她 死后能将财产馈赠于她

Yours, John Eyre, Madeira.

您的 约翰·爱 于马德拉

This is dated three years ago. Why did I never hear of it?

日期是三年前的 为什么我毫不知情

Because I wrote and told him you'd died of typhus at Lowood School.

因为我回信说你因伤寒死在了洛伍德学校

You called the names of the dead down upon me. You cursed me.

你为我召来了死神 你诅咒了我

I would have loved you if you'd let me. You were born to be my torment.

要是你愿意的话 我本可以爱你 你生来就是我的灾星

You have my full and free forgiveness. Be at peace.

无论如何我已经完全宽恕了你 保重

My dear uncle, some years ago, my Aunt Reed mistakenly informed you that I had died.

亲爱的叔父 数年前 里德舅妈错把我的死讯告诉你

I am writing to tell you that I'm very much alive and gratified to find I have a relative.

我得告诉你 我一直活得很好而且很高兴发现原来我还有亲人

I look forward to our correspondence, hoping one day we may meet.

希望我们能保持联络 期待有一天能与你相见

I'm currently living at Thornfield Hall, where I am governess to the ward of Mr. Edward Fairfax Rochester.

我目前住在桑菲尔德庄园 担任爱德华·费尔法克斯·罗切斯特先生家的家庭教师

学习笔记

1.break the vow:违背誓言

Eg. I vowed and I hope I shall never break that vow.

我宣过誓,我希望我永远也不会违背这个誓言。

2.make the vow:许下誓言

Eg. Let us make a vow to the dead.

我们向亡灵宣誓。

3.think of:想

Eg. I felt so shy that I could think of nothing to say.

我感到忐忑不安,想不出一句好说的话来。

4.take out:拿出

Eg. It will lighten the basket if I take out the potatoes.

我要是把土豆拿出来,篮子就轻了。

5.desire sb to:渴望某人做某事

Eg. Mary desires John to forgive her.

玛丽希望约翰能原谅她。

6.hear of :听说

Eg. I was shocked to hear of his poor death.

听到他惨遭不幸的噩耗, 我十分震惊。

7.die of :死于

Eg. Nowadays many people die of cancer.

现在有很多人死于癌症。

8.be born to:生来就......

Eg. He was born to be a lazy-bone.

他生来就是个懒骨头。

9.as you will:谁你便

Eg. It shall be as you will.

这个随你的意思。

10.at peace:处于和睦或平静状态

Eg. The country is at peace and the people go merrily to their work.

天下太平, 万民乐业。

11.look forward to:期望

Eg. We look forward to the dawn of better days.

我们期待较好的日子的来临。

分享到
重点单词
  • lightenv. 点亮,变亮,减轻
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • adoptv. 采用,收养,接受
  • reedn. 芦苇,芦笛,簧片 Reed:里德(姓氏)
  • wardn. 守卫,监护,受监护人,病房,行政区 vt. 守护,
  • informedadj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,
  • bequeathvt. 遗赠,遗留
  • tormentn. 苦痛,拷问 v. 使苦恼,拷问
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气