位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 简爱 > 正文
影视课堂《简.爱》第25期:一场火而迸发出爱情的火苗
日期:2012-04-13 12:38

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

精选影片片段:

台词欣赏:

Rochester :It was as I thought.

不出我所预料。

Jane :Grace Poole, sir?

是Grace Poole做的,先生?

Rochester :Quite so...

正是......

Jane :You should send her away.

你应该开除她。

Rochester :Say nothing of this business. I will answer for all this.

不要说这些了,我会解释这一切的。

You can go... go to your room now. There's nothing more to fear.

你可以走了…回你房间吧,已经再没有什么可怕的了。

Jane :Good night then, sir.

那么,晚安,先生。

Rochester :What? Are you leaving me?

什么?你要我离开吗?

Jane :You told me to go.

是你要我走的。

Rochester :Well, not in that brief dry fashion, not without taking leave at least, shake hands.

哦,不要用这么简单乏味的方式,不要......至少要在你离开之前握手。

Jane : The roses had thorns.

玫瑰虽好,但有刺…

Rochester :You have saved my life. I am in your debt.

你救了我一命,我欠你了。

Jane :There is no debt. No obligation.

你没有欠我什么,没有欠我任何人情。

Rochester :I knew you would do me good in some way, at some time. I saw it in your eyes when I first beheld you.

我知道有一天你会为我做点什么,我第一眼看见你的时候就知道了。

Jane :I'm glad I happened to be awake.

我很高兴我现在清醒着。

Rochester :What's the matter? You're shivering.

怎么样?你在颤抖。

Jane :I'm cold.

我冷。

Rochester :Cold...You're cold?

你冷?

Jane :Yes, sir.

是的,先生。

Rochester :Good night, Jane. Go back to bed.

回去睡吧,Jane,晚安。

要点讲解

单词:

behold vt.看到, 注视

shiver v.颤动, 发抖

fashion n.方式

短语:

in that fashion:用那种方式

send away: 撵走, 解雇,把…打发走

answer for:对 ... 负责 为 ... 担保

take leave:辞别

shake hand:握手

saved one's life:救了某人的命

in one's debt:欠某人的债

do sb good:对某人有好处

at some time:在某些时候

in some way:在某个方面

happen to:恰巧,碰巧,刚好

重点短语:

answer for

I agree but I can't answer for my colleagues. 我同意,但是我不能代表我的同事们。

You'll have to answer for the consequence. 你必须对此后果负责。

I can't answer for his honesty. 我不能保证他诚实。

I will answer for it that he will accomplish the task. 我愿意担保他能完成这个任务。

send away

She knew that she was not going to send him away.她心里明白,她并不想打发他走。

He bursted into our meeting and get send away with a flea in his ear. 我们正在开会他闯了进来, 大家把他轰走了。

How strange! Had his grandfather summoned him and let him stand so long only to send him away without a word? 他很奇怪,为什么祖父把他唤来,让他站了许久,并不对他说一句话,便叫他出去。

in one's debt

In debt:欠钱的债务

He' s in debt to the bank because he bought that big house. 他因买下那座大房子而欠银行的债。

She is in debt to her neighbors for 5000 yuan. 她欠邻居5000元。

In one's debt:欠下人情债

I never lent him fifty pounds without feeling that I was in his debt. 我借给他五十镑钱还总觉得倒欠了他的情。

When I bawl him out and he forgives me and laughs it off, I'm in his debt. 想到我将他怒骂出家门,他却一笑置之原谅了我时,我知道,我欠着他的情。

happen to

We happen to hold the same view. 我们两人的想法不谋而合。

短句表达:

Say nothing of this business.别再说这事情了。

There's nothing more to fear.再没有什么可怕的了。

Go back to bed.回去睡觉吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • consequencen. 结果,后果
  • obligationn. 义务,责任
  • shivervt. 颤动(碎裂) n. 冷颤(碎块)
  • accomplishvt. 完成
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美
  • honestyn. 诚实,正直