位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 简爱 > 正文
重温经典《简爱》2011版第82期:我毫不信任你
日期:2012-08-10 19:02

(单词翻译:单击)

边睹边读

台词欣赏

Jane: Excuse me, sir.

打扰了 先生

Ingram:Does that creeping creature want you?

那个怪物在叫你吗

Rochester:Excuse me. This is from my old nurse, Bessie.She says my cousin John Reed is dead.

失陪 这是我的老保姆贝茜来的信她说我的表兄约翰·里德去世了

Jane:He squandered his fortune and has committed suicide. The news has so shocked my aunt, it's brought on a stroke.

他将家产挥霍一空 然后自杀 这个消息让我的舅妈大受打击 导致中风

Rochester:What, the aunt who cast you out?

你是说把你赶出家门的那个舅妈吗

Jane:She's been asking for me. I parted from her badly and I can't neglect her wishes now.

她让我回去 我们分别时很不愉快 现在我不能逆她的意

Rochester:Promise me you won't stay long.

答应我你很快回来

Jane:Mr. Rochester, I've had no wages. I need funds for my journey.

罗切斯特先生 我还没拿到工资 我需要旅费

Rochester:How much do I owe you?

我欠你多少钱

Jane:Thirty pounds.

三十镑

Rochester:Here's 50. That's too much. Take your wages, Jane.

三十镑 这太多了 拿着吧 简

Jane:I cannot.

我不能

Rochester:Then I only have 10.

那我只有十镑的

Jane:Now you owe me.

现在是你欠我

Rochester:Indeed I do. Meantime, I shall safeguard it here. Do you trust me to keep it?

没错 你回来之前 我会放这儿好好保管 你信任我吗

Jane:Not a whit, sir. You are not to be trusted at all.

丝毫不信 先生 你一点也不可信

学习笔记

词汇提炼:

1. squander:浪费

2. commit:干(蠢事)

3. suicide:自杀

4. shock:震惊

5. stroke:中风

6. safeguard:保护

7. whit:丝毫,少量

重点单词精讲:

Squander

Usage:~ sth (on sb/sth)

Exp. waste (time, money, etc); use sth wastefully

浪费(时间﹑ 金钱等); 挥霍

Eg. He's squandered all his savings on drink.

他把存的钱全买酒喝了。

Eg. Don't squander your affection on him he'll never love you.

别把感情耗在他身上了——他永远不会爱你的。

Commit

Exp. do (sth illegal, wrong or foolish)

做(不合法的﹑ 错的或愚蠢的事); 犯

Eg. commit murder, suicide, theft, a blunder

犯凶杀﹑ 自杀﹑ 偷窃﹑ 大错﹑ 不可原谅的错误

Safeguard

Usage:~ sb/sth (against sb/sth)

Exp. protect or guard sb/sth

保护或保卫某人或某事物

Eg. We have found a way of safeguarding our money.

我们已有了保护钱财的办法。

Eg. It is a high fence that safeguards the house against intruders

这是防止外人擅入房子的高栅栏。

Eg. It is new ways of safeguarding personal data.

它是保护私人资料的新方法。

Whit

Usage: (usu in negative sentences 通常用於否定句中)

Exp. the smallest amount 极少的量; 一点儿

Eg. I don't care a whit whether she stays or not.

我毫不在乎她的去留。

Eg. I've read the report but I'm no whit the wiser.

我看了这份报告, 一点都不明白。

短语提炼:

cast out:赶出,驱逐

ask for:请求,要求

part from:与......分离

neglect one’s wishes:无视某人的心愿

stay long:呆很久

have no wages:没有领工资

need funds for:为......需要资金

take one’s wages:拿某人的薪水

重点短语深化记忆:

cast out

Eg. After the scandal, he was cast out of the company.

出了那桩丑闻后,他被公司开除了。

Eg, You really must cast out all these old papers.

你确实应该扔掉那些旧报纸。

Eg. If you hope to get something without hard work, you'll soon be cast out of society.

如果你想不劳而获,你很快就会被社会遗弃。

Eg. Anybody who dared to oppose the new dictatorship was cast out of his own country.

任何敢于反对新专政的人都被驱逐出国。

ask for

Eg. He had the audacity to ask for an increase in salary.

他竟然厚着脸皮要求增加薪水。

Eg. He ask for leave of absence to visit his mother in hospital.

他请假去探望住院的母亲。

Eg. She had no alternative but to ask for a few days' leave.

实在不得已, 她只好请几天假。

Eg. If you get in trouble, don't hesitate to ask for advice.

如果碰到麻烦, 要赶紧向人求教。

part from

Eg. We must part from you now.

现在我们必须向你们告别了。

Eg. Can you bear to part from her for a little while?

你暂时舍得下她么?

Eg. They parted as friends. They were forced to part from one another.

他们友好地分手了,他们被迫彼此分离。

Eg. It was hard for him to part from his girlfriend.

要他与女友离别很难。

分享到
重点单词
  • negativeadj. 否定的,负的,消极的 n. 底片,负数,否定
  • safeguardn. 保卫者,保护措施 vt. 保卫,保护
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • neglectvt. 忽视,疏忽,忽略 n. 疏忽,忽视
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • fencen. 栅栏,围墙,击剑术 n. 买卖赃物的人 v. 用篱
  • squanderv. 浪费,使 ... 散开
  • affectionn. 慈爱,喜爱,感情,影响
  • opposevt. 反对,反抗,使对立,使对抗
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气