有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第379期:第二十五章 一触即发(18) END
日期:2014-11-18 17:01

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

It didn't matter that my body was rigid as a plank, my hands balled into fists, my breathing erratic…
没关系的,尽管我的身体僵硬得像块木板,我的手蜷握成了拳头,我的呼吸很不稳定……
He chuckled darkly, and leaned away. His face did look disappointed.
他阴暗地轻笑着,然后把身子移开了。他的神情真的很失望。
You can't really believe that I would give in so easily, he said with a sour edge to his mocking tone.
“你不应该相信我会如此轻易地作出让步。”他说着,嘲弄的语气里有一丝酸涩的味道。
A girl can dream.
“女孩可以做梦。”
His eyebrows rose. Is that what you dream about? Being a monster?
他的眉毛扬起来。“这就是你梦寐以求的?成为一个怪物?”
Not exactly, I said, frowning at his word choice. Monster, indeed. Mostly I dream about being with you forever.
“当然不是。”我说着,因为他所选择的词语而皱起了眉。怪物,的确。“我梦想得更多的是永远和你在一起。”
His expression changed, softened and saddened by the subtle ache in my voice.
他的神情改变了,变得柔和起来,也因为我声音里那种微微的痛苦而悲伤起来。
Bella. His fingers lightly traced the shape of my lips. I will stay with you isn't that enough?
“贝拉,”他的手指轻轻勾勒着我的唇形。“我会和你在一起——这还不够吗?”
I smiled under his fingertips. Enough for now.
我在他的指尖下微笑着。“现在是足够了。”
He frowned at my tenacity. No one was going to surrender tonight. He exhaled, and the sound was practically a growl.
他因为我的固执而皱起眉。今晚没有人会让步。他呼了一口气,那声音听起来像是一声货真价实的咆哮。
I touched his face. Look, I said. I love you more than everything else in the world combined. Isn't that enough?
我轻抚着他的脸。“看,”我说道。“我爱你,胜过这世界上的一切加起来的总和。这还不够吗?”
Yes, it is enough, he answered, smiling. Enough for forever.
“是的,这足够了。”他微笑着,答道。“永永远远,都足够了。”
And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat.
然后他俯下身来,再次把他冰冷的唇压到我的喉咙上。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

rigid as a plank
僵硬得像块木板

sour
酸的;酸腐的;刻薄的

Most green fruit is sour.
大多数未熟的水果都是酸的。
The dish's gone sour.
这菜已经变质了。

monster
怪物;恶人;巨物

A hideous monster attacked the helpless villagers.
有个丑恶的怪物袭击了手无寸铁的村民。
I saw a horrible monster in the forest.
我在林中见到一头可怕的怪物。

softened and saddened by
微微的痛苦而悲伤

traced
痕迹;微量;踪迹

When the police exhume the corpse they discover trace of poison in it
警方掘出尸体, 发现有中毒的痕迹
The police have detected the trace of the murderer after several days of investigation.
警察经过几天的调查,发现了凶手的踪迹。

exhaled
呼气;散发

Take a deep breath, then exhale slowly.
深吸一口气,然后慢慢呼气。
He lit his cigar and exhaled smoke.
他点燃雪茄,然后吐出烟雾。

Enough for forever.
永永远远,都足够了。

分享到
重点单词
  • poisonn. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害 vt. 毒害,摧毁,中毒
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • tenacityn. 坚韧,固执,不屈不挠,顽固
  • tracen. 痕迹,踪迹,微量 vt. 追踪,找出根源,描绘 v
  • erraticadj. 无确定路线,不稳定的,奇怪的,游走的,移动的;
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • helplessadj. 无助的,无依靠的
  • exhalev. 呼气,发出,散发
  • rigidadj. 僵硬的,刻板的,严格的