有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第340期:第二十二章 捉迷藏(9)
日期:2014-07-11 17:48

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"Hello, Bella," that easy voice answered. "That was very quick. I'm impressed."
“你好,贝拉。”那个从容不迫的声音说道。“你真的很快。我对此印象深刻。”
"Is my mom all right?"
“我妈妈还好吗?”
"She's perfectly fine. Don't worry, Bella, I have no quarrel with her. Unless you didn't come alone, of course." Light, amused.
“她相当好。别担心,贝拉,我没和她吵架。当然,除非你不是一个人来。”
"I'm alone." I'd never been more alone in my entire life.
“就我一个人。”终我一生,我都没有如此孤独过。
"Very good. Now, do you know the ballet studio just around the corner from your home?"
“非常好。现在,你知不知道你家附近的那家芭蕾舞教室?”
"Yes. I know how to get there."
“知道。我知道怎么去那里。”
"Well, then, I'll see you very soon."
“很好,那么,我们待会见,很快。”
I hung up.
我挂上了电话。
I ran from the room, through the door, out into the baking heat.
我跑出房间,穿过大门,冲进灼人的热浪里。
There was no time to look back at my house, and I didn't want to see it as it was now empty, a symbol of fear instead of sanctuary. The last person to walk through those familiar rooms was my enemy.
没有时间回头再看一眼我的家了,我也不想看到它现在这个样子空无一人,成为了恐惧而非避难所的象征。上一个走过这些房间的人是我的敌人。
From the corner of my eye, I could almost see my mother standing in the shade of the big eucalyptus tree where I'd played as a child. Or kneeling by the little plot of dirt around the mailbox, the cemetery of all the flowers she'd tried to grow. The memories were better than any reality I would see today. But I raced away from them, toward the corner, leaving everything behind me.
通过眼角的余光,我仿佛看见了我的母亲站在那棵巨大的桉树的阴影里,看着还是个孩子的我玩耍着。她仿佛又跪在了信箱旁的那小小的一掊土旁,那是她试图种养的所有花儿的墓地。那些回忆比我今天所看到的所有真实都更加美好。但我飞快地从它们身旁跑开,冲向街道的拐角处,把一切都抛在了身后。
I felt so slow, like I was running through wet sand I couldn't seem to get enough purchase from the concrete. I tripped several times, once falling, catching myself with my hands, scraping them on the sidewalk, and then lurching up to plunge forward again. But at last I made it to the corner. Just another street now; I ran, sweat pouring down my face, gasping. The sun was hot on my skin, too bright as it bounced off the white concrete and blinded me. I felt dangerously exposed. More fiercely than I would have dreamed I was capable of, I wished for the green, protective forests of Forks… of home.
我总觉得自己跑得太慢,仿佛自己正在泥泞的沙地上奔跑一样我似乎没法从水泥地上得到足够的支撑力。我被绊到了好几次,还有一次摔倒了。我伸出手想稳住自己,我的手在人行道上蹭破了皮。我摇摇晃晃地爬起来,继续向前跑去。最终,我跑过了那个街角。现在只剩一条街了。我喘息着,奔跑着,汗水自我的脸上倾注而下。阳光灼烧着我的肌肤,白色的水泥地面上反射着太过明亮的光线,晃了我的眼。我觉得自己被极其危险地一览无遗。我强烈地,比我所能想到的还要强烈得多的,思念着福克斯那翠绿的,给予庇护的森林……思念着我的家。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

impressed
使 ... 有印象;影响;印刻;传送
I had a chance to impress her with my efficiency and I muffed it up.
我本来有机会使她对我的办事效率有印象,但是我错过了这个机会。
What impress you most when you go to IKEA?
您去宜家时以下哪一项对您影响最深刻?


quarrel
吵架;争论;挑剔
He seemed determined to pick a quarrel with us.
他似乎存心要找我们吵架。
They were reconciled after a quarrel.
他们吵架之后又重归于好。


around the corner
即将来临; 在拐角处; 在附近
The principal warned the students not to hang around the corner drugstore after school.
校长警告学生放学后不要在街角的杂货铺里闲荡。
The cab swung around the corner.
那部计程车转过街角。


the baking heat
灼人的热浪
In the baking heat of an Iraqi mid-summer's day, there was a bustle of activity at what is left of Joint Security Station (JSS)

Comanche.伊拉克的盛夏就像是一个大火炉。但是美伊联合安全指挥中心却显得很繁忙。
Flour, meal, or grain used in the baking of bread.做面包的原料用于烤制面包的面粉、粗磨粉或谷物


kneeling by
跪在...
He saw a small boy.The boy was kneeling by a fountain.他看见一个男孩,那男孩跪在喷泉边。
One day, Diogenes saw a small boy kneeling by a fountain, using his hands to drink from it.戴奥真尼斯看到小男孩跪在喷泉边用手接水喝。
Over the fireplace, there was a picture of my mother kneeling by the coffin of her dead father.在壁炉上面,有一幅画,上面画着我的母亲跪在她已去世的父亲的棺材旁边。


raced away from
跑离
I broke away from her and raced for the door.我一下挣脱她,朝门口奔去。
Our boat started the race well, but soon dropped away from the others.比赛开始时,我们的船走得很好,可是,不久就落在别的船后。
Keep away from that house. They have scarlet fever.不要接近那一家,他们在患猩红热。


scraping on
刮到
He fall off the bike and get a scrape on his knee.他从脚踏车上摔下来,擦破了膝盖。
I can't bear the sound of chalk scraping on a blackboard.我受不了粉笔在黑板上摩擦时发出的刺耳声音。
Incredibly,she was unharmed,except for a scrape on her shoulder.令人难以置信的是,她并没有伤着,只是在肩上擦了块皮。


bounced off
绷飞了
The ball hit the wall and bounced off it.
球打在墙上又反弹回来。
As a result, the egg bounced off his shoulder.
结果鸡蛋打中他的肩膀落地。

分享到
重点单词
  • sidewalkn. 人行道 =pavement(英)
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • eucalyptusn. 桉树
  • shaden. 阴影,遮蔽,遮光物,(色彩的)浓淡 vt. 遮蔽,
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • impressn. 印象,特徵,印记 v. 使 ... 有印象,影响,
  • concreteadj. 具体的,实质性的,混凝土的 n. 水泥,混凝土
  • sanctuaryn. 圣所,耶路撒冷的神殿,至圣所
  • purchasevt. 买,购买 n. 购买,购买的物品 n. 支