有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第360期:第二十四章 僵局(12)
日期:2014-09-26 17:19

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"I love you, too, Bella. Try to be more careful when you walk, honey, I don't want to lose you."
“我也爱你,贝拉。你走路的时候请更当心点,甜心,我不想失去你。”
Edward's eyes stayed closed, but a wide grin flashed across his face.
爱德华的眼睛依然闭着,但一个大大的咧嘴一笑在他脸上一闪而过。
A nurse came bustling in then to check all my tubes and wires. My mother kissed my forehead, patted my gauze-wrapped hand, and left.
一个护士匆匆忙忙地走进来,检查了我身上所有的软管和电线。我妈妈亲吻了我的前额,轻拍了一下裹着纱布的手,然后离开了。
The nurse was checking the paper readout on my heart monitor.
那个护士正在检查我的心电监护仪所打印出来的纸条。
"Are you feeling anxious, honey? Your heart rate got a little high there."
“你感觉很不安吗,甜心?你的心率在这个点上有点儿高。”
"I'm fine," I assured her.
“我很好。”我向她保证道。
"I'll tell your RN that you're awake. She'll be in to see you in a minute."
“我会告诉你的注册护士你醒了。她会在一分钟之内过来看你的。”
As soon as she closed the door, Edward was at my side.
一等她关上门,爱德华立刻出现在了我床边。
"You stole a car?" I raised my eyebrows.
“你偷了一辆车?”我扬起眉毛。
He smiled, unrepentant. "It was a good car, very fast."
他微笑着,没有半点悔改的意思。“那是辆好车,非常快。”
"How was your nap?" I asked.
“你的小睡怎么样?”我问道。
"Interesting." His eyes narrowed.
“非常有趣。”他眯起眼睛。
"What?"
“什么?”
He looked down while he answered. "I'm surprised. I thought Florida… and your mother… well, I thought that's what you would want."
他垂下头去,答道:“我很惊讶。我以为佛罗里达……还有你妈妈……好吧,我以为那正是你想要的。”
I stared at him uncomprehendingly. "But you'd be stuck inside all day in Florida. You'd only be able to come out at night, just like a real vampire."
我无法理解地盯着他。“可你在佛罗里达得终日困住屋里。你只能在夜里外号粗,就像一个真正的吸血鬼一样。”
He almost smiled, but not quite. And then his face was grave. "I would stay in Forks, Bella. Or somewhere like it," he explained. "Someplace where I couldn't hurt you anymore."
他几乎要微笑起来了,但最终没有笑。然后他的脸黯淡下来。“我会待在福克斯,贝拉。或者某个类似于福克斯的地方。”他解释道。“某个我不会再伤害到你的地方。”

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

a wide grin flashed across his face.
一个大大的咧嘴一笑在他脸上一闪而过

check all my tubes and wires
检查了我身上所有的软管和电线

readout on
读出

Digital readout on control panel of roll torque in KN.

数字式显示装置显示当前辊的扭矩。
You might expect it, with all its yaw sensors and its G readout on the dash, to feel like a laptop.

当你看到那个像笔记本般的屏幕在显示着众多行车数据时,也许你会对它产生期待。
The readout on my dashboard is flashing which indicates that one of car doors is not close.

我的仪表板上的显示器一直闪烁,显示出我的一个车门没有关好。

unrepentant
不后悔的;不思悔改的;顽固不化的

Ali was mouthy, gutsy, and unrepentant.
阿里是伶牙俐齿的,坚定无畏的,从不懊悔的。
I remain an unrepentant rationalist.
我仍是一位执迷不悟的理性主义者。

uncomprehendingly
不理解的

I cannot comprehend this phrase.
我无法理解这个片语。
The child couldn't comprehend the text.
这孩子不懂该课文的含义。

分享到
重点单词
  • grinv. 露齿而笑,(以咧嘴笑来)表示 n. 露齿笑,咧嘴笑
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • dashv. 猛冲,猛掷,泼溅 n. 猛冲,破折号,冲,短跑
  • torquen. 转力矩; 捻扭的金属项圈、领圈或臂圈
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过
  • comprehendvt. 充分理解,包括
  • bustlingadj. 忙乱的;熙熙攘攘的