有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第252期:第十五章 卡伦一家(1)
日期:2014-01-17 13:35

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

15. THE CULLENS

第十五章 卡伦一家

The muted light of yet another cloudy day eventually woke me. I lay with my arm across my eyes, groggy and dazed. Something, a dream trying to be remembered, struggled to break into my consciousness. I moaned and rolled on my side, hoping more sleep would come. And then the previous day flooded back into my awareness.

又一个多云的早晨,暗哑的光最终把我弄醒了。我把胳膊压在眼睛上,晕乎乎的,一片茫然。有件事情,一个梦境,试图被记起来,挣扎着闯入我的意识中。我呻吟着,翻过身来侧躺着,想要再睡一会儿。然后那个特别的一天如潮水般拥入了我的认知里。

"Oh!" I sat up so fast it made my head spin.

“哦!”我坐起来得太快,头开始晕起来。

"Your hair looks like a haystack… but I like it." His unruffled voice came from the rocking chair in the corner.

“你的头发看起来像个干草堆……但我喜欢这样。”他安静的声音从角落里的那张摇椅传来。

"Edward! You stayed!" I rejoiced, and thoughtlessly threw myself across the room and into his lap. In the instant that my thoughts caught up with my actions, I froze, shocked by my own uncontrolled enthusiasm. I stared up at him, afraid that I had crossed the wrong line.

“爱德华!你留下来了!”我欣喜若狂,不假思索地把自己扔过整个房间,落到他的膝上。但等到我的思路跟上我的动作,我立刻僵住了,被自己完全失控的狂热震撼到了。我仰起脸看着他,生怕我又踩过了错误的底线。

But he laughed.

但他大笑起来。

"Of course," he answered, startled, but seeming pleased by my reaction. His hands rubbed my back.

“当然。”他吃惊地答道,但似乎对我的反应很是高兴。他的手摩挲着,把我抱回怀里。

I laid my head cautiously against his shoulder, breathing in the smell of his skin.

我小心地把头靠在他的肩膀上,细嗅着他肌肤上的芳香。

"I was sure it was a dream."

“我本来还认定,那只是一个梦。”

"You're not that creative," he scoffed.

“你没那么有创造力。”他嘲弄道。

"Charlie!" I remembered, thoughtlessly jumping up again and heading to the door.

“查理!”我这才记起来,再次不假思索地跳起来,落到地板上。


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. on my side

侧身;站在我这一边

eg. I had no one to bear witness on my side--except my tears.

我没有其他人站在我身边作证---除了我的眼泪。

eg. But a new study this week looks as though it's on my side.

但是本周的一项新的研究却好像站在了我的这一边。

2. sit up

熬夜;端坐

eg. Her head spins dizzily as soon as she sits up.

她一坐起来,就感到天旋地转。

eg. She sat him up and made him comfortable.

她帮他坐起来,让他舒服些。

3. catch up with

赶上,追上;逮捕;处罚

eg. The law caught up with him yesterday.

他于昨日落入法网。

eg. Although he subsequently became a successful businessman, his criminal past caught up with him.

虽然他后来成了一位成功的商人,但他的犯罪前科却让他尝到了恶果。

分享到
重点单词
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯
  • awarenessn. 认识,意识,了解
  • enthusiasmn. 热情,热心;热衷的事物
  • consciousnessn. 意识,知觉,自觉,觉悟
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • uncontrolledadj. 不受控制的
  • creativeadj. 创造性的
  • reactionn. 反应,反作用力,化学反应