有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第292期:第十七章 游戏(17)
日期:2014-03-25 14:55

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

I picked myself up, ignoring him as I brushed the mud and bracken off the back of my jacket. That only made him laugh harder. Annoyed, I began to stride off into the forest.

我自己挣扎着站起来,不去理会他,只是把外套后面的泥泞和蕨类植物拍掉。这让他笑得更凶了。我气恼地大步走进密林里。

I felt his arm around my waist.

我感觉到他的胳膊环住了我的腰。

"Where are you going, Bella?"

“你要去哪里,贝拉?”

"To watch a baseball game. You don't seem to be interested in playing anymore, but I'm sure the others will have fun without you."

“去看棒球赛。你好像对打球没什么兴趣了,但我敢肯定就算没有你别人也能玩得很开心的。”

"You're going the wrong way."

“你走错方向了。”

I turned around without looking at him, and stalked off in the opposite direction. He caught me again.

我转过身,看也不看他,高视阔步地向相反的方向走去。他又拉住了我。

"Don't be mad, I couldn't help myself. You should have seen your face." He chuckled before he could stop himself.

“别生气,我只是一时情难自禁。你真应该看看你自己的脸。”他轻笑着,好不容易才按捺住笑意。

"Oh, you're the only one who's allowed to get mad?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“哦,就许你一个人生气?”我扬起眉毛,问道。

"I wasn't mad at you."

“我没在生你的气。”

"'Bella, you'll be the death of me'?" I quoted sourly.

“‘贝拉,我会死在你手里的’?”我酸溜溜地引述他的话。

"That was simply a statement of fact."

“这只是就事论事。”

I tried to turn away from him again, but he held me fast.

我试图转身再次挣脱他,但他眼疾手快地抓住了我。

"You were mad," I insisted.

“你就是在生气。”我坚持说道。

"Yes."

“是的。”

"But you just said —"

“可你才说着——”

"That I wasn't mad at you. Can't you see that, Bella?" He was suddenly intense, all trace of teasing gone. "Don't you understand?"

“我不是在生你的气。你看不出来吗,贝拉?”他忽然紧绷起来,所有调侃的痕迹都消失了。“你不明白吗?”

"See what?" I demanded, confused by his sudden mood swing as much as his words.

“明白什么?”我诘问道,他突如其来的心情变化和他说的话一样让我困惑。

"I'm never angry with you — how could I be? Brave, trusting… warm as you are."


《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

1. pick up

捡起;获得;收拾;不费力地学会

eg. Tony picked himself up and set off along the track.

托尼慢慢站起,沿道跑起来。

eg. Rawlings had been picked up by police at his office.

罗林斯在他的办公室被警察逮捕了。

2. be interested in

对……感兴趣

eg. And why should anyone be interested in listening to our cough?

凭什么会有人感兴趣来听我们的咳嗽呢?

eg. That is how I first came to be interested in the behaviour of prices.

这就是我首次对股票价格的变化产生兴趣的原因。

3. turn away from

厌恶;对…感到厌烦

eg. But I cannot turn away from Blood Meridian, now that I know how to read it, and why it has to be read.

但我却不能从《血色子午线》上转过脸去,因为我知道该如何去读以及为什么一定要去读这本书。

eg. We turn away from reality and its truths, which are neither easy to live with nor pleasant to talk about.

我们厌恶现实以及现实的真相,现实既无法让人活得轻松,也无法让人愉快地谈论它。

分享到
重点单词
  • tracen. 痕迹,踪迹,微量 vt. 追踪,找出根源,描绘 v
  • intenseadj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的
  • confusedadj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu
  • teasingn. 戏弄
  • baseballn. 棒球
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇
  • waistn. 腰,腰部
  • striden. 步伐,一大步,大步走,进步 vt. 跨骑,跨 vi
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy