有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第325期:第二十一章 电话(2)
日期:2014-06-12 17:13

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

Alice was already off the couch, phone in hand, dialing. I stared at the precise rendering of my mother's family room. Uncharacteristically, Jasper slid closer to me.
爱丽丝早已从沙发上跳起来,手里抓着手机,开始拨号。我盯着对我妈妈家的房间的精准无比的素描。贾斯帕一反常态地滑到我身旁更近的地方。
He lightly touched his hand to my shoulder, and the physical contact seemed to make his calming influence stronger. The panic stayed dull, unfocused.
他轻轻地把手放到我鉴赏,而这实际上的接触似乎把他的冷静更加强烈地输送到我身上。恐惧漫无目的地凝聚在原处。
Alice's lips were trembling with the speed of her words, the low buzzing impossible to decipher. I couldn't concentrate.
爱丽丝的嘴唇颤抖着,飞快地说着话,我根本听不懂那低低的嗡嗡声。我没法集中注意力。
"Bella," Alice said. I looked at her numbly.
“贝拉。”爱丽丝说道。我木然地看着她。
"Bella, Edward is coming to get you. He and Emmett and Carlisle are going to take you somewhere, to hide you for a while."
“贝拉,爱德华会来接你。他和艾美特还有卡莱尔会来带你去某个地方,让你躲上一阵子。”
"Edward is coming?" The words were like a life vest, holding my head above the flood.
“爱德华要来?”这句话像一件救生衣,把我的脑子从滚滚洪流里拉了出来。
"Yes, he's catching the first flight out of Seattle. We'll meet him at the airport, and you'll leave with him."
“是的,他将搭乘从西雅图起飞的第一班机。我们会在机场和他碰面,然后你跟他走。”
"But, my mother… he came here for my mother, Alice!" Despite Jasper, the hysteria bubbled up in my voice.
“可是,我妈妈……他来这里找我妈妈,爱丽丝!”尽管有贾斯帕在,我的声音依然因为竭斯底里而崩溃着。
"Jasper and I will stay till she's safe."
“贾斯帕和我会留在这里,直到她安全无虞为止。”
"I can't win, Alice. You can't guard everyone I know forever. Don't you see what he's doing? He's not tracking me at all.
“我逃不掉的,爱丽丝。你们不可能一直守卫着我认识的每一个人。你看不出来他在做什么吗?他根本没在跟踪我。
He'll find someone, he'll hurt someone I love… Alice, I can't —"
他会找到某个人,他会伤害我爱着的某个人……爱丽丝,我不能——”
"We'll catch him, Bella," she assured me.
“我们会看着他的,贝拉。”她向我保证道。
"And what if you get hurt, Alice? Do you think that's okay with me? Do you think it's only my human family he can hurt me with?"
“万一你受伤了呢,爱丽丝?你以为这对我来说不痛不痒吗?你以为他只能通过伤害我的人类家庭来打击我吗?”
Alice looked meaningfully at Jasper. A deep, heavy fog of lethargy washed over me, and my eyes closed without my permission.
爱丽丝意味深长地看着贾斯帕。一阵强烈的,沉重的,令人昏昏欲睡的迷雾席卷了我,我的眼睛在未经我许可的情况下合上了。
My mind struggled against the fog, realizing what was happening. I forced my eyes open and stood up, stepping away from Jasper's hand.
我的意识竭力抵御着那阵迷雾,意识到发生了什么事。我强迫自己睁开眼睛,站起来,挣脱贾斯帕的手走到一旁。
"I don't want to go back to sleep," I snapped.
“我不想继续睡。”我嚷嚷道。
I walked to my room and shut the door, slammed it really, so I could be free to go to pieces privately. This time Alice didn't follow me.
我走回房间,用力关上门。我是真的砰地一声把门撞上的,这样我就能随意行事,保留仅有的一点隐私。这次爱丽丝没有跟着我进来。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

stared at
凝视
He stares at the beggar with sympathy.
他同情地凝视着那个乞丐。
They stared at the strange sight in silent wonder.
他们惊讶地默默凝视那奇景。

seemed to
似乎,好象;看起来
Does that seem to make sense?
这讲得通吗?
All my troubles seem to come together.
我的各种问题似乎同时出现了

trembling with
因 ... 而发抖
The dog was all of a tremble with cold.
这条狗冻得全身发抖。
To tremble with nervous agitation or excitement.
因紧张的骚动或激动而颤抖

for a while
暂时; 一会儿
Now that I am free, I can enjoy music for a while.
既然有空,我可以享受一下音乐。
Could you please keep silent for a while?
你能不能清静一会儿?

tracking me
跟踪我
She can track me--Sosai can track me by thinking about me.
她能追踪我--Sosai 能藉由想我追踪我。
Now they surround me and track me down, their eyes eager to see me overthrown.
他们的脚步现已把我紧逼,瞪著眼务要将我推倒在地。

We'll catch him.
我们会看着他的。

my eyes closed without my permission.
我情不自禁得闭上眼。

I snapped.
我嚷嚷道。

shut the door
关门
She went into her room and shut the door behind her.
她进入自己的房间,关上了门。
She came into the room and shut the door.
她进到屋子里来,然後关上了门。

分享到
重点单词
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • agitationn. 激动,鼓动,搅动
  • tremblen. 战悚,颤抖 v. 战悚,忧虑,微动
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • hysterian. 歇斯特里症,不正常的兴奋
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • lethargyn. 昏睡,倦怠