(单词翻译:单击)
小说原文
Edward's arms wound around me as the next song started. It was a little up-tempo for slow dancing, but that didn't seem to concern him. I leaned my head against his chest, content.
当另一首舞曲开始的时候,爱德华的胳膊环绕着我。这对慢舞来说节奏有点快,但这似乎并没有难倒他。我把头靠在他胸口,感到心满意足。
"Feeling better?" I teased.
“感觉好些了?”我揶揄着。
"Not really," he said tersely.
“完全没有。”他简单地答道。
"Don't be mad at Billy," I sighed. "He just worries about me for Charlie's sake. It's nothing personal."
“别对比利抓狂。”我叹了口气。“他只是因为查理的缘故才担心我。这不是什么人身攻击。”
"I'm not mad at Billy," he corrected in a clipped voice. "But his son is irritating me."
“我没对比利抓狂。”他用一种紧绷的声音更正到。“但他的儿子很让我恼怒。”
I pulled back to look at him. His face was very serious.
我退回去看着他。他的神情非常严肃。
"Why?"
“为什么?”
"First of all, he made me break my promise."
“首先,他让我打破了我的承诺。”
I stared at him in confusion.
我困惑地盯着他。
He half-smiled. "I promised I wouldn't let go of you tonight," he explained.
他半笑不笑地说:“我保证过,我今晚不会放开你的。”他解释道。
"Oh. Well, I forgive you."
“哦。好吧,我原谅你。”
"Thanks. But there's something else." Edward frowned.
“谢谢。但还有别的一些事情。”爱德华皱起眉。
I waited patiently.
我耐心地等待着。
暮光周边
《暮光之城》
与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他。
语言讲解
up-tempo
快节奏的
The battle began to pick up tempo towards evening.
傍晚战斗开始激烈起来。
When Yao sits, I wish the Rockets would change the pace to up tempo to give the other team a different look.
当姚明下场的时候,希望火箭队能够改变节奏,让其他球队看到一个不同的表现。
I teased.
我揶揄着。
It's nothing personal.
这不是什么人身攻击。
break my promise
打破了我的承诺
frowned
皱眉;不悦
We interpret a frown as a sign of disapproval.
我们把皱眉当作不赞成的表示。
There was a deep frown of his face.
他的额头深深的皱眉。