有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第371期:第二十五章 一触即发(10)
日期:2014-11-04 18:00

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"I don't mind that much." He grinned in relief. His eyes were appraising as they raked quickly over my dress. "So, should I tell him you said to butt the hell out?" he asked hopefully.
“我不那么介意。”他如释重负地咧嘴一笑。他的目光掠过我的裙子,审视着。“那么,我应该告诉他你说让他见鬼去吗?”他满怀希望地问道。
"No," I sighed. "Tell him I said thanks. I know he means well."
“不,”我叹了口气。“告示他我说谢谢。我知道他是出于好意。”
The song ended, and I dropped my arms.
音乐结束了,我把胳膊放下来。
His hands hesitated at my waist, and he glanced at my bum leg. "Do you want to dance again? Or can I help you get somewhere?"
他的手在我的腰上迟疑着,他瞥了一眼我报废的腿。“你想再跳一曲吗?或者我能带你到别的地方去?”
Edward answered for me. "That's all right, Jacob. I'll take it from here."
爱德华替我作了回答。“好了,雅克布。我会带她走的。”
Jacob flinched, and stared wide-eyed at Edward, who stood just beside us.
雅克布畏缩了一下,然后睁大眼睛盯着爱德华,他就站在我们身旁。
"Hey, I didn't see you there," he mumbled. "I guess I'll see you around, Bella." He stepped back, waving halfheartedly.
“嘿,我没看见你在那里。”他含糊地说着。“我猜我们待会儿见,贝拉。”他向后退去,不太情愿地挥着手。
I smiled. "Yeah, I'll see you later."
我笑了。“是的,回见。”
"Sorry," he said again before he turned for the door.
“对不起。”他在转身走向门前又说了一遍。

暮光周边

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

He grinned in relief.
他如释重负地咧嘴一笑。

sighed
叹气;叹息

When he heard the news, he uttered a sigh.
听到这消息时,他叹了口气。
The old man uttered a sigh and went out.
那位老人叹息了一声,走了出去。

wide-eyed
睁大眼睛的;吃惊的;天真的

He looked at me up and down with his eyes wide open.
他睁大眼睛上下打量着我。

halfheartedly
不认真地;无兴趣地

A halfhearted attempt at writing a novel.
并不热心的试图写一部小说

turned for the door
转身走向门

The sick man has taken a turn for the better.
病人病情转好。
I trust that things will take a turn for the better in the near future.
我期待着在不久的将来事情会有所转机。

分享到
重点单词
  • halfheartedadj. 不认真的;不热心的;无兴趣的
  • waistn. 腰,腰部
  • reliefn. 减轻,解除,救济(品), 安慰,浮雕,对比 adj