有声读物《暮光之城·暮色》第323期:第二十章 急不可耐(5)
日期:2014-06-06 08:02

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

You heard what Laurent said. My voice was just a whisper, but I was sure they could hear me. He said James was lethal. What if something goes wrong, and they get separated?
“你听到劳伦说的话了。”我的声音几近耳语,但我敢肯定他们能听见我说话。“他说过詹姆斯是致命的。万一出了什么差错,他们落单了呢?
If something happens to any of them, Carlisle, Emmett… Edward… I gulped. If that wild female hurts Esme…
如果他们中的某人发生了什么意外,卡莱尔,艾美特……爱德华……”我吞咽了一下。“如果那个野蛮的女人伤到了艾思梅……”
My voice had grown higher, a note of hysteria beginning to rise in it. How could I live with myself when it's my fault? None of you should be risking yourselves for me
我的声音拉得更高了,一阵竭斯底里的痕迹开始显现在话语里。“这都是我的错,我怎么能有脸活下去呢?你们本来都不必为了我冒险”
Bella, Bella, stop, he interrupted me, his words pouring out so quickly they were hard to understand. You're worrying about all the wrong things, Bella.
“贝拉,贝拉,打住。”他打断我的话。他的话说得那么快,我几乎跟不上了。“你在担心着不必要的顾虑,贝拉。
Trust me on this none of us are in jeopardy. You are under too much strain as it is; don't add to it with wholly unnecessary worries.
在这件事上,你得相信我我们没有人身陷险境。事实上,你已经承受了太多的劳累了。不必再加上毫无必要的担心。
Listen to me! he ordered, for I had looked away. Our family is strong. Our only fear is losing you.
听我说!”他命令道,因为我正看向别处。“我们的家族很强大。我们唯一害怕的是失去你。”
But why should you
“可你们为什么要”
Alice interrupted this time, touching my cheek with her cold fingers. It's been almost a century that Edward's been alone. Now he's found you.
这一次,爱丽丝打断了我,用她冰冷的手指抚摸着我的脸颊。“爱德华独自一人已经过了将近一个世纪了。现在,他终于找到了你。
You can't see the changes that we see, we who have been with him for so long. Do you think any of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you?
你看不出来他的变化,但我们能,因为我们和他在一起待了这么长的时间。如果他失去了你,你认为我们有谁还想在下一个百年里看着他的眼睛吗?”
My guilt slowly subsided as I looked into her dark eyes. But, even as the calm spread over me, I knew I couldn't trust my feelings with Jasper there.
当我凝望着她漆黑的眸子时,我的愧疚慢慢地消失了。一阵平静席卷了我的全身,但是有贾斯帕在这里,我不敢相信自己的感觉。

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解

lethal
致命的;危险的;有效的
Pot-holes can be lethal for the unwary cyclist.
路上的坑坑洼洼骑车的人一不小心就有致命危险。
In situation like this, she wish she have a gun or some lethal weapon.
在这种情况下,她真希望自己有一把枪或什么致命武器。

I gulped.
我吞咽了一下。
He gulped his food.
他狼吞虎咽地吃东西。
She gulped nervously, as if the question bothered her.
她紧张地咽了一下,似乎那问题把她难住了。

pouring out
话说得那么快
Blood was pouring from the wound.
血从伤口中流出。
Although I poured it carefully, I spilt some of the oil.
虽然我倒油时很小心,但还是洒了一些。

You are under too much strain as it is; don't add to it with wholly unnecessary worries.
在这件事上,你得相信我我们没有人身陷险境。事实上,你已经承受了太多的劳累了。

for so long
这么长的时间
She was slender and had long dark hair.
她身材苗条,有一头长长的黑发。
He delivered a long prose full of platitudes.
他发表了一篇充满陈词滥调的文章。

My guilt slowly subsided as I looked into her dark eyes.
当我凝望着她漆黑的眸子时,我的愧疚慢慢地消失了。

order
命令
Today we'll reverse the usual order of the lesson.
今天我们将把通常的上课顺序倒过来。
The house had been kept in good order.
房子保持得井井有条。

分享到
重点单词
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • guiltn. 罪行,内疚
  • strainn. 紧张,拉紧,血统 v. 劳累,拉紧,过份使用
  • proseadj. 散文的 n. 散文
  • reversen. 相反,背面,失败,倒档 adj. 反面的,相反的,
  • interruptedadj. 中断的;被打断的;不规则的 vt. 打断;中断
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • lethaladj. 致命的,毁灭性的,有效的 n. 基因异常,致死
  • whispern. 低语,窃窃私语,飒飒的声音 vi. 低声说,窃窃私
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传