有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第156期:第十章 审问(8)
日期:2013-09-02 09:32

(单词翻译:单击)

小说原文

"Why?" I was shocked, but she didn't understand my reaction.

“为什么?”我震惊了,但她误解了我的反应。

"He's so… intimidating. I wouldn't know what to say to him." She made a face, probably remembering this morning or last night, when he'd turned the overwhelming force of his eyes on her.

“他太……吓人了。我不知道该怎么形容他。”她做了个鬼脸,大概想起了今天早上或者昨晚的事,那时候他把那种充满了压倒性的魔力的眼神施展到了她身上。

"I do have some trouble with incoherency when I'm around him," I admitted.

“当我在他身旁的时候,我确实很难让自己保持理性。”我坦承道。

"Oh well. He is unbelievably gorgeous." Jessica shrugged as if this excused any flaws. Which, in her book, it probably did.

“哦是的。他俊美得不可思议。”杰西卡耸耸肩,就像这是某种可以原谅的缺点一样。这个,在她的字典里,也许是这样。

"There's a lot more to him than that."

“他不仅仅是这样。”

"Really? Like what?"

“真的?例如?”

I wished I had let it go. Almost as much as I was hoping he'd been kidding about listening in.

我希望我能把这话说出来。这种愿望几乎和我所希望的他只是开玩笑说要偷听一样强烈。

"I can't explain it right… but he's even more unbelievable behind the face." The vampire who wanted to be good — who ran around saving people's lives so he wouldn't be a monster… I stared toward the front of the room.

“我没法确切地解释……但他比表面上看起来的还要让人难以置信。”一个想要做个好人的吸血鬼——他四处奔忙,去拯救别人的性命,那样他就不会是一个怪物了……我注视着教室的前方。

"Is that possible?" She giggled.

“这可能吗?”她咯咯地笑了起来。

I ignored her, trying to look like I was paying attention to Mr. Varner.

我不去理会她,试图装出正在专心听温纳老师讲课的样子。

"So you like him, then?" She wasn't about to give up.

“那么,你是喜欢他的咯?”她不打算放弃。

"Yes," I said curtly.

“是的。”我简略地说道。

"I mean, do you really like him?" she urged.

“我是说,你真的喜欢他?”她催促着。

"Yes," I said again, blushing. I hoped that detail wouldn't register in her thoughts.

“是的。”我叹息着说道,两颊飞红。我希望她没有把这个细节纳入她的思路里。

She'd had enough with the single syllable answers. "How much do you like him?"

她受够了这种单音节的回答。“你有多喜欢他?”

"Too much," I whispered back. "More than he likes me. But I don't see how I can help that." I sighed, one blush blending into the next.

“非常喜欢。”我向她耳语道。“比他对我的喜欢还要多。但我不知道该怎么办。”我叹息着,羞怯一阵接一阵涌上我的脸来。

《暮光之城》

与图书题目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列别具匠心的封面设计则很好地传达出了每本书内在的深远寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅尔指出《暮色》封面上的苹果代表“创世纪” 内善恶树上的禁果。象征贝拉和爱德华之间人类与吸血鬼禁忌的爱恋。在书的开头引用了“创世纪”217页的内容:“只是分别善恶树上的果子,你不可吃,因为你吃的日子必定死。”这同时也代表了贝拉如何分辨善恶——选择是否吃下那颗禁忌的果实,这比喻了选择跟爱德华在一起或远离他

语言讲解


1. make a face 做鬼脸

eg Don't make a face. Eating vegetables is good for you.

别做鬼脸,吃蔬菜对你有好处。

2. have some trouble with 有……麻烦

3. pay attention to 注意;重视

4. be about to do 打算做...


分享到
重点单词
  • blushn. 脸红,外观 vi. 泛红,羞愧
  • intimidatingadj. 吓人的
  • overwhelmingadj. 势不可挡的,压倒的
  • syllablen. 音节 vt. 分音节
  • reactionn. 反应,反作用力,化学反应
  • registerv. 记录,登记,注册,挂号 n. 暂存器,记录,登记簿
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为