(单词翻译:单击)
If you have a friend who sometimes acts more like an enemy, you may have a frenemy on your hands. These guidelines will help you sort it out.
如果一个朋友有时的表现更像敌人,或许他就是友敌 。下面的指引会帮助你鉴别出这样的朋友 。
You Will Need
你需要
Self-awareness
自我意识
Honest appraisal
诚实的评价
Steps
步骤
STEP 1 Gauge their reactions
1.衡量他们的反应
Notice how they react when you have good news. Do they seem genuinely happy for you, or do they respond with barbed comments and backhanded compliments?
注意一下当你有好消息的时候他们如何反应 。他们真诚地为你感到高兴,还是尖刻的评论和讽刺挖苦的赞扬?
STEP 2 Assess their supportiveness
2.评估他们的支持
Assess their supportiveness. Do they sabotage your self-improvement efforts -- perhaps even egg you on to be self-destructive? A true friend has your best interests at heart.
评估他们的支持 。他们是否会妨碍你的自我提高——甚至鼓励你自我破坏?真正的朋友心中总是记着你的最佳利益 。
STEP 3 Misery loves company
3.不幸需要陪伴
Ask yourself if your misery attracts their company. Frenemies like you best when you're at your worst.
问一下自己,你的不幸是否吸引到他们的陪伴 。当你处于最糟糕的状态时,友敌最喜欢你 。
STEP 4 Note how you feel around them
4.注意和他们在一起时自己的感受
Note how you feel after you've spent time with them: Good friends are uplifting; frenemies leave you feeling annoyed with them or bad about yourself. Or both.
注意一下和他们在一起之后自己的感受 。好的朋友是使人开心的;友敌会让你对他们感到气愤,或者对自己感到糟糕 。或者两者皆有 。
If you both cancel plans more than you keep them, you might be frenemies.
如果你们两人之间取消计划的次数多于遵守计划的次数,你们或许是友敌 。
STEP 5 Note how you behave around them
5.注意在他们身旁时自己的行为
Note how you behave around them. Do they bring out the best or worst in you? Frenemies do the latter.
注意在他们身旁时自己的行为 。他们会激发你内心最好的一面还是最糟糕的一面?友敌是后者 。
STEP 6 Examine your own conscience
6.审查自己的良知
Examine your own conscience. Do any of the preceding bad behaviors apply to the way you treat any of your pals? If so, my friend, you yourself could be a frenemy!
审查自己的良知 。你是否以上述这些坏的行为对待其他任何一个朋友?如果是这样的话,我的朋友,或许你自己就是一个友敌!
The word "frenemy," which originated in 1977, was added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary in 2009.
“友敌”这个词源于1977年,由韦氏大辞典2009年收录 。