有声读物《金银岛》第54期:第十章 在寨子里(3)
日期:2013-07-26 13:56

(单词翻译:单击)

We heard you had gone ashore on one of the boats,Jim,he said.

吉姆,我们听说你跟着一条船上了岸,他说。

We never doubted your honesty,

我们从未怀疑你的忠实,

but we were afraid you wouldn't be safe.

但我们为你的安全担心。

Hunter and I came ashore to see what was happening,and found the stockade.

我和亨特上岸想看看发生了什么,却发现了这个寨子。

It seemed a good place to defend ourselves against Silver and his men,

这似乎是我们抵御西尔弗和他那帮人的好地方,

because we were sure they would kill us when they returned to the ship Here,all we needed was enough food,and people to watch for enemies.

我们确信回到船上他们会杀了我们。在这儿,我们需要的是足够的食物和足够的人手对付敌人。

You see,we know that if the Hispaniola does not return to Bristol by the end of August,a rescue ship will be sent to look for us.

你知道,如果伊斯帕尼奥拉号8月底前不能返回布里斯托尔,一只救援船就会来接我们。

So we made a plan to get ourselves off the ship,Dr Livesey went on.

所以我们就设计弃船而走,李甫西大夫继续讲下去。

Hunter,Redruth,and Joyce helped us.

亨特、雷德拉斯和乔伊斯帮助了我们。

Hunter brought the captain's little boat round under the cabin window,

亨特把船长的小船转移到船舱附近,

and Joyce and I put guns and food and my medicine chest in it.

我和乔伊斯装上了枪、食物和药品。

Redruth took four guns and went on deck with Trelawney and the captain They were able to surprise Israel Hands and the other men,

雷德拉斯拿了四枝枪和屈利劳尼及船长一起上了甲板。伊斯莱尔·汉兹一伙显然吓了一跳。

and they managed to persuade one man,Abraham Gray,to join us again.

雷德拉斯和船长等人想法说服了一个叫亚伯拉罕·格雷的人加入了我们。


关于《金银岛》

小说赞扬了贫民、流浪者、孤儿、土著居民的高尚、勇敢和善良,鞭挞了歹徒们的邪恶、卑鄙和阴险,以此来赞扬品格高尚、美好的人们。

分享到
重点单词
  • stockaden. 栅栏,围栏 vt. (用围栏)围
  • defendv. 防护,辩护,防守
  • honestyn. 诚实,正直
  • huntern. 猎人,猎犬,猎马,搜寻者 Hunter: 亨特(姓
  • rescuevt. 营救,援救 n. 营救,救援
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说