有声读物《金银岛》第89期:第十四章 寻宝结局(5)
日期:2013-09-16 15:57

(单词翻译:单击)

We had come so far to find this.

我们远道而来就是为了找到这些。

Already it had cost the lives of seventeen men from the Hispaniola.And how many others?

伊斯帕尼奥拉号上已有十七人送了命。此外还有多少人呢?

How many ships had gone to the bottom of the sea?

还有多少船沉入了海底?

How many brave men had been murdered for this?

多少勇敢的人为此被人谋杀?

Perhaps no man alive could tell.

恐怕没一个活着的人能讲清楚。

Next morning,we moved all the gold to the beach.

第二天我们把所有的金子都运到海边,

Then we took it by boat to the Hispaniola.

然后用小船运到伊斯帕尼奥拉号上。

It was a big job for so small a number of men.

这是一项浩大的工程,尤其是因为我们只有这么几个人。

The three pirates who were still on the island did not trouble us.

岛上其余那三个海盗没有再骚扰我们。

They were not going to fight any more,and we decided we must leave them on the island.

他们不想再打仗了,我们决定把他们留在岛上,

We left powder,food,clothes and medicine for them.

给他们留下了火药、食物、衣物和药品。

Then at last,one sunny morning,we sailed out of North Inlet and towards the nearest port in Spanish America.

最后,在一个阳光明媚的早晨,我们驶离金银岛北部水湾,驶往西属美洲的一个港口。

Before afternoon,Treasure Island had disappeared from view,and I had never felt happier to leave a place behind.

还没到下午,金银岛就消失在视野中了,能离开这个地方使我高兴不已。

The sun was going down when we sailed into the port,and the doctor and Mr Trelawney took me on shore.

我们到达港口时太阳快要落山了,大夫和屈利劳尼先生带着我上了岸。

When we came back,Ben Gunn was waiting for us.

我们回来时,本·葛恩正在等我们。


关于《金银岛》

《金银岛》是十九世纪英国著名作家罗伯特·路易斯·史蒂文森的成名作,也是他最畅销的小说之一。作为全世界流传最广的一部海盗探险小说,《金银岛》自问世以来,就被译成各国文字广泛流传,也曾多次被改编成电影、电视,影响十分深远。

分享到