有声读物《金银岛》第52期:第十章 在寨子里(1)
日期:2013-07-24 15:00

(单词翻译:单击)

Chapter 10 Inside the stockade
第十章 在寨子里
We followed the noise of the fighting and came to a hill.
我们循着枪声来到一座小山前。
There stood a strong wooden house,big enough for forty people,and with holes for guns on every side.
那儿有一座坚固的木头房子,可以容得下40人,每一面墙都有射击孔。
All around the house was a wide open piece of land;
房子四周是一片开阔地,
and around that was a fence,two metres high,with no doors or openings,and too strong to pull down easily.
还有一圈围栏,两米高,没有出入口,很坚固而且不易拉倒。
As soon as Ben Gunn saw the English flag flying over thehouse,he said,
本·葛恩一看见木屋上飘着的英国旗就对我说:
There are your friends.
你的朋友在那里。
More likely to be the pirates,I answered.
更有可能是那帮海盗,我说。
Silver would put up the pirate's flag,the Jolly Roger,said Ben.
西尔弗一定会挂他们海盗的骷髅旗,本·葛恩说。
No,there's been a fight,and your friends have won.
刚才他们打了一仗,你的朋友获胜了。
They're inside the stockade that Flint made years ago.
他们正在弗林特几年前建的寨子里。
Then I must hurry and join them,I said.
那我得赶快去和我的朋友们会合,我说。
He wouldn't come with me.
他不愿和我一起去。
I won't come until you've seen your gentleman and got his promise.
除非你见到了你们那位绅士,得到了他的保证,否则我不会去见他们。
You know where to find me,Jim.
吉姆,你知道在哪儿能找到我。
And if the pirates sleep on shore tonight,one of them might have an unpleasant surprise!
要是那帮海盗在岸上过夜,他们中就会有人遭厄运!

关于《金银岛》

《金银岛》于1883年出版。这本书叙述了少年吉姆等一行人去海上一座荒岛上寻找海盗埋葬的金钱财宝,并与以约翰·西尔弗为首的海盗团伙进行了惊心动魄的激烈战斗、搏杀。

分享到
重点单词
  • unpleasantadj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的
  • stockaden. 栅栏,围栏 vt. (用围栏)围
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • fencen. 栅栏,围墙,击剑术 n. 买卖赃物的人 v. 用篱
  • piraten. 海盗,盗印者,侵犯专利权者 v. 侵犯版权,翻印,
  • flintn. 打火石,极硬的东西