有声读物《金银岛》第17期:第四章 水手箱(2)
日期:2013-05-30 14:49

(单词翻译:单击)

I'll show these scoundrels I'm an honest woman,said my mother.
我要让那些流氓知道,我是个诚实的女人,母亲说。
I'll take what I'm owed and no more.
我只要收回欠账,一个子儿也不多拿。
She began counting the money.
她开始数钱。
There were all kinds of gold coins in the bag-big French gold coins,
那一个袋里各国钱币都有:法国的金路易,
Spanish doubloons and pieces of eight.
西班牙的杜布龙金币和每枚8个里亚尔的银币。
It was slow work to find the English gold guineas that we needed.
从中找到我们需要的英国尼是件很费时的事。
We were half-way through when I heard a sound that filled my heart with fear;
钱才数了一半的时候,我听到一种可怕的声音,
the tap-tapping of the blind mans stick on the frozen road.
是那个瞎子用棍子探路的嗒嗒声。
Then it knocked against the inn door and we did not breathe.
接着我们听到棍子敲门的声音,我们屏住呼吸。
But then the tapping started again and slowly died away.
然后探路的嗒嗒声又响起来,慢慢地消失了。
Mother,I said,take it all, and lets go before the blind man comes back with his friends.
妈妈,我说,把这些都拿上,我们得赶在瞎子和他的人到来之前逃走。
But my mother went on counting until we heard a low shout coming from the hill outside.
可是我母亲还是继续数钱。这时,从小山上传来一声很轻的呼哨。
I'll take what I have, she said, jumping to her feet.
我先把数好的钱拿走,她说,忽然跳起来。

关于《金银岛》

惊涛骇浪中,到底吉姆一行人最后有没有找到传闻中那座遍地满是黄金宝藏的金银岛呢?

分享到