有声读物《金银岛》第21期:第四章 水手箱(6)
日期:2013-06-05 16:06

(单词翻译:单击)

What were they looking for Hawkins?asked Mr Dance.
他们想找什么呢,霍金斯?丹斯先生问道。
They got the money from the chest,I said,
他们从水手箱里拿走了钱,我说,
but I think I have what they wanted most.
但我有他们想要的东西。
I'd like to get it to a safe place. I thought, perhaps, Dr Livesey…
我希望把它放到一个稳妥的地方。我想,也许,李甫西大夫……
Quite right, said Mr Dance.
对,说得对,丹斯先生说。
Hes the local judge, and I ought to report Pews death to him or Squire Trelawney.
李甫西大夫是本地的治安推事,我应该向他或是乡绅屈利劳尼报告皮尤的事。
I'll take you with me to his house.
我带你一起去。
Dr Livesey was not at his house but with the squire at his home,so Captain Dance and I went on there.
李甫西大夫不在家,据说他和乡绅在一起。于是我和丹斯先生去乡绅家。
I had never seen Squire Trelawney so near.
我从来没这么近打量过乡绅屈利劳尼。
He was a big tall man, with a red face, and was sitting beside a fire with Dr Livesey.
他个子很高,暗红色的脸,和李甫西大夫坐在火炉旁边。
Come in, Mr Dance,he said.
进来,丹斯先生,他说。
Mr Dance gave his report and both men listened with deep interest.
丹斯先生报告了刚才发生的事,那两个人听得津津有味。

关于《金银岛》

可以这么说:如果说中国的孩子是看着《西游记》长大的,那么美国的孩子就是看着《金银岛》长大的。

分享到