有声读物《金银岛》第43期:第八章 金银岛(2)
日期:2013-07-11 12:08

(单词翻译:单击)

Guns were given to all the honest men. Hunter ,Joyce, and Redruth were told what was happening, and were less sur-prised than we expected them to be.
枪已分发给所有可靠的人。亨特、乔伊斯、雷德拉斯也知道了事情的真相,他们并不像我们想像的那么惊讶。
Then the captain went on deck to talk to the crew.
船长走上甲板向全体船员宣布:
Men ,you've had a hot ,tiring day,he said.The boats are still in the water.
朋友们,他说,大家过了又累又热的一天,小船还在水里。
Any man who wants to can go ashore for the afternoon.
谁要是愿意,下午都可以上岸去。
You'll hear a gun half an hour before the sun goes down to call you back.
在日落前半小时我放炮通知大家。
They all became happier at once.
他们一下子都笑逐颜开。
I think they thought they would find the treasure lying around on the beach!
我想,他们以为一上岸就能在沙滩上找到他们要的宝藏。
After some talk, six men stayed on board ,and the others, with Silver, got into the small boats.
他们商量了一下,六名水手留在船上,其他人,包括西尔弗,都登上小船上了岸。
I then had the first of the mad ideas that helped to save our lives.
我忽然想到第一个近乎疯狂的想法—正是这主意后来救了我们的命。
If six men were left, we could not take control of the ship;
既然留下六个人,我们就无法控制船;
and because only six were left, the captain's men did not need my help.
但又因为只留下六个人,船长的人也不是非要我帮忙不可。
So I quickly went over the ship's side and into the nearest boat.我迅速逃离大船跳上一只最近处的小船。

关于《金银岛》
小说《金银岛》(Treasure Island)(1883年),是其代表作,是关于寻找海盗宝藏的故事,也是他的浪漫小说中最受欢迎的一部,同时还是最受欢迎的英语儿童书籍之一。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • huntern. 猎人,猎犬,猎马,搜寻者 Hunter: 亨特(姓
  • tiringadj. 令人疲倦的,麻烦的
  • crewn. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员 vi