有声读物《金银岛》第32期:第六章 船和船员(2)
日期:2013-06-24 11:46

(单词翻译:单击)

I was employed, sir,said the captain,on secret orders,and to sail this ship where that gentleman ordered me to sail it.

我秘密受雇于人,先生,船长说,这位先生让我去哪儿我就去哪儿。

Now I find every other man on this ship knows more than I do.

而现在我发现船上任何一个人知道的都比我多。

I don't call that fair, do you?

我认为这不公平,你说呢?

No,said Dr Livesey, I don't.

是不公平,李甫西大夫说,我也这么认为。

Next,said the captain, I learn we are going to look for treasure-hear it from my own crew!

还有,船长说,我听说我们要去寻宝—我是听我自己的船员说的。

Now, I don't like trea-sure voyages at the best of times,

老实说,在情况最好的时候我也不喜欢寻宝航行,

and I certainly don't like them when they are secret.

我更不喜欢这样遮遮掩掩的。

Also, a captain is usually allowed to choose his own crew.

并且,船长应该有权选择自己的船员。

That's true, agreed the doctor.And you don't like Mr Arrow?

是这样,大夫说。你不喜欢埃罗吗?

No, sir, replied Captain Smollett.

不是,先生,船长斯摩列特说,

He's too friendly with the crew.

他对船员们非常友好。

Tell us what you want, said the doctor.

告诉我们你想怎样?大夫说。

First of all, the men are putting the powder and weapons in the front of the ship,said the captain.

首先,那些人把火药和武器放在船头,船长说。

Now, you have a good place under the cabin.Why not put them there?

其实,船舱下面有个不错的地方,为什么不放在那里呢?

Second, you are bringing four of your own people.

其次,你们带来的四个人,

Let them sleep here be-side the cabin.

让他们睡在船长室隔壁吧。


关于《金银岛》

但作者用一个又一个悬念和高潮牢牢吸引住读者。比如小说一开始描写凶悍怪异、行动诡秘的弗林特,使读者以为这个神秘人是小说主角。

分享到
重点单词
  • powdern. 粉,粉末,细雪,火药 vt. 洒粉于,使变成粉,重
  • crewn. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员 vi