听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第65期:故事结束了?
日期:2013-07-17 17:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

End of the line. Everybody off.
故事结束 大家退场吧
What?!
什么?!
It was a story.
这是个故事
It was all a story.
这只是个故事
Good god!
我的天!
Another fairy tale?
又是一个神话?
All of it? But what-
全都是故事?但
What in the name of heaven...
你还发过誓
John, you had us wondering whether you were sane or not,
John 你让我们很纠结 你到底有没有疯
And it’s just a story!
这只是个故事!
Where’d you come off with such a half-Baked, asinine idea?
你哪来的这么残缺的 荒谬的灵感?
At least you’re relieved I’m not a nut.
至少你可以放心我没疯
I’d prefer you were!
我倒希望你是
You gave me the idea.
你们给我的灵感
All of you.
你们所有人
Come again?
又来了?
Edith saw my fake van gogh.
伊迪斯看到了梵高的画的赝品
You could have just told me.
你当时可以告诉我
You commented that I never age.
你还说我从未变老
You gave me the book on early man.
你给我那本原始人的书
Dan, you spotted the burin
丹 你发现了錾刀
And you said, "if stones could speak. "
你还说 "如果石头能说话"
I knew it.
我就知道
I got the notion, I ran it past you
我得到了灵感 在你们身上
To check your reactions, and I took it too far.
测试一下反应 而我玩过头了
Too far?
玩过头?
Check my reaction.
测试我的反应?
You asked if I was a figure from religious history,
是你问我 我是否是宗教历史上的人物
If there were others like me,
还有没有人和我一样
If I’d created future identities.
要是我创造了未来人
We were chasing our tails around the maypole,
我们围着五月柱绕圈
Enjoying the mystery, the analytical stretch.
享受神秘感 分析的延展
You were playing my game!
你们帮了我大忙
I was playing yours.
我也在帮你们的忙
Oh, man, you know, you had us going, right?
哦 老兄 你牵着我们的鼻子走?
You were good,man!
你厉害 老兄


妙语佳句

1.end of the line

最终结局;穷途末路
Around the end of the line of students, there was a kid named Steve Lankester.
教室的最后一排坐着一个全班最调皮的学生,史蒂夫-兰凯斯特。

2.asinine
adj. 驴的;愚蠢的,固执的;驴子似的
I think that's totally asinine.
我认为这绝对是愚蠢的。

剧情百科


约翰一句峰回路转的话将朋友们拉回现实,原来这只是一个约翰杜撰得天衣无缝的故事……朋友们知道真相之后,不是感到愤慨就是伤心……


考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.All she knew was how to get a man and how to ______ ______.
所有她知道的就是如何得到一个男人,如何获得成功。

2.The user can skip or ______ ______ and publish the message.
用户可以跳过或者继续前进并发布消息。


本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.On no account would I dare walk in that neighborhood at night.
夜晚我决不敢在那附近走。

2.The flight was postponed on account of bad weather.
因为天气恶劣, 飞行延期了。

分享到
重点单词
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • saneadj. 心智健全的,理智的
  • skipv. 跳过,略过,遗漏 n. 跳跃,跳读 n. (
  • reactionn. 反应,反作用力,化学反应
  • analyticaladj. 分析的,解析的,善于解析的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • relievedadj. 放心的,放松的,免除的
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • stretchn. 伸展,张开 adj. 可伸缩的 v. 伸展,张开,