听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第28期:无稽之谈
日期:2013-01-04 11:24

(单词翻译:单击)


原文欣赏

I almost wish it were true.

我多希望它是真的。

Yeah, if it was true, why are you telling us?

是啊,如果这是真的,你为什么要告诉我们?  

I mean, we might leave here today.

我是说我们可能今天从这里出去。  

Go out there, tell everybody.

到外面 把秘密公诸于众。  

It would vanish in disbelief.

它会在怀疑声中沉寂。

A story that goes around the room.

在房间里说的故事。  

No credibility.

没有可靠性。

Even if I could make you believe me.

即使我能让你们相信我。

In a month, you wouldn’t.

过一个月你们还是会怀疑。  

Some of you would call me a psychopath.

你们甚至会喊我神经病。  

Others would be angry at a pointless joke.

或是会因为这个无意义的笑话而生气。  

Some of us are angry now.

某些人已经生气了。

This-This was a bad idea.

我不该谈这个。  

Uh, I love you all, and I do not want.

我爱你们,我不愿意。 

To put you through anything.

让你们遭受任何事。

Then why are you doing it?

那你为什么要说?

Cause I wanted to say good-Bye.

因为我想道别。

As yourself.

以你的真面目?  

I think you’ve done that.

我觉得你做到了。

Whoever that self is.

不论你究竟是谁。  

Easy, edith.

别激动,伊迪斯。  

We’re just grading his homework.

我们只是在给他的作业评分。

I see what’s going on. You’re playing the good cop, dan.

我看出来了,你在扮红脸,丹。  

That’s fine. Just enjoy it.

没关系,尽管演吧。

All right, I think this whole thing is just a crock!

好吧,我认为整件事就是一个无稽之谈。  

I should leave, but I’m gonna stay.

我应该离开但我还得留下。  

You know why? ’Cause I wanna see what this is all about.

因为我想看看这究竟是怎么回事。  

So do I. What is this all about?

我也想知道怎么回事?  

let’s ask dr. Freud, who’s just arrived.

我们来问问刚到的弗洛伊德博士。  

Hey, will! Will!

嘿 威尔!威尔!

妙语佳句

1.Go out

出去;熄灭;过时

I let them go out lest I should be bothered.

我让他们去了外边,免得他们打扰我。

2.vanish

vi. 消失;突然不见;成为零

vt. 使不见,使消失

n. 弱化音

We proceed to add the rest of the sections until they vanish.

继续为余下的部分添加效果,直到它们消失在远处。

3.credibility

可信性;确实性

It was important for her to be careful to not let her gender show in her politics for if she did, she would loose her credibility and influence.

对于她来说最重要的是,要十分小心的不能在她的政见上表现性别的倾向,如果她没做到,她将会失去她的可信性和影响力。

4.crock

n. 瓦罐;碎瓦片;老朽的人

vt. 使衰弱;使身体垮掉

vi. 变得衰弱;身体垮掉

The idea that we somehow have a certain amount of potential that we must live up to is a complete crock.

我们总会有一定量的潜力,而且这种潜力是我们必须要达到的---这个想法是非常完美的。

5.arrived

v. 抵达;抵港(arrive的过去式)

adj. 已到达的

The old truck jogged us up and down for an hour before we arrived.

在那辆旧卡车将我们上下颠簸了一小时以后,我们终于到达了目的地。

考考你 (请翻译)

1.它会在怀疑声中沉寂。

2.我认为整件事就是一个无稽之谈。  

上期参考答案

1.It was around the beginning of the bronze age.

2.He knew there was something different about me.


分享到
重点单词
  • disbeliefn. 不相信,怀疑
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • vanishvi. 消失,不见了,绝迹 vt. 消失
  • potentialadj. 可能的,潜在的 n. 潜力,潜能 n. 电位,
  • proceedvi. 继续进行,开始,着手
  • credibilityn. 可信,确实性,可靠
  • pointlessadj. 不尖的,钝的,不得要领的