听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第34期:生命的旁观者
日期:2013-04-23 20:15

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Injuries we could understand
受伤 我们可以理解
If someone’s insides were all over the ground.
就是内脏散落一地
Infections...
但感染
They were, uh, mysterious.
是神秘的
Aging...
变老
The biggest mystery of all.
是最神秘的
You realized you were different.
你意识到你不同常人
Longer to realize how I was different,
花了更久知道我如何不同寻常
To find a way to synthesize
寻找我的经验和
My experience into a view of myself.
对自身的看法的契合点
At first, I thought everybody had
刚开始 我觉得其他人
Something wrong with them.
有问题
They got old and they died, animals, too...
他们变老 死亡 动物也是这样
But not me.
但我不会
Oh, forgive me, my dear.
哦 对不起 亲爱的
You live simply.
你生活很朴素
I’ve owned castles, but why leave a lot
我拥有过城堡 但对于总是
If you’re always leaving?
搬家的人来说 财产有什么用?
I have money.
我有过钱
What, you get into at&t at 50 cents, john?
怎么 你在AT&T股价50美分的时候买入过?
As one grows older,
对于年长的人来说
The days, weeks, months go by more quickly.
时间会过的很快
What does a day or a year
那么一天或者一年
Or a century mean to you?
或一个世纪对你有何意义?
The birth-Death cycle?
生死循环?
Turbulence.
波动
I meet someone,
我遇到某个人
Learn their name, say a word, they’re gone.
知道他们的名字 说一句话 他们离开
Others come like waves. Rise, fall.
别人又来 就像浪一样 上升 下降
Ripples in a wheat field, blown by the wind.
像风吹过麦田 泛起的涟漪
Do you ever get tired of it all?
你对此感到厌倦吗?
I get bored now and then.
过去和现在都很无趣
They keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over
人们不断地重复着同样的错误
Hey.

Then you see yourself
然后你觉得自己
As separate from the rest of humanity.
有别于其他人类
I didn’t mean it that way.
我没这个意思
But of course...
不过
I am
我确实想过.
Are you comfortable knowing that you have lived
你觉得当你身边所有人
While everyone you knew
所有人都死了 -
Everyone you knew, john! - has died?
只有你活着 还有意思吗?
I’ve regretted losing people...
我悼念死者
Often.
经常
Have you ever felt guilt about that
你有愧疚感吗?
Something akin to survivor’s guilt?
类似对生者的愧疚?
In the strict psychological sense?
从严格的心理学角度说吗?
I suppose I have.
我有
Yeah.
是的
But what can I do about it?
但我能做什么呢?
Indeed.
确实


妙语佳句
1.mysterious

adj. 神秘的;不可思议的;难解的
A mysterious illness confined him to bed for over a month.
一种怪病让他卧床一个多月。

2.separate from

分离;把…和…分开
If you must design a complex application, try to keep each component separate from the others.
如果必须设计一个复杂的应用程序的话,那么尝试将各个组件保持独立。

剧情百科


尽管约翰并不认为自己有别于其他人,但是生老病死的状态总是让约翰看在眼里,身边人来人往,事物不断变迁,生命对于约翰来说就是一种循环,不断地有新的人来到这个世界上,也不断有人离开了这个世界,约翰却只是一个生命轮回的旁观者……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper w
ords

1.You should not consume any oil if you have ______ ______.
如果你患有心脏病,最好就不要摄入任何油脂。

2.______ no one is free from mistakes, only some make more and some less.
人大概没有不犯错误的,多多少少要犯错误。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Though I'd never get tired of looking at my idol!

2.I simply gave in to him, and I've regretted it ever since.

分享到
重点单词
  • turbulence动荡 n. 喧嚣,狂暴,骚乱,湍流
  • wheatn. 小麦,小麦色
  • humanityn. 人类,人性,人道,慈爱,(复)人文学科
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • mysteriousadj. 神秘的,不可思议的
  • strictadj. 严格的,精确的,完全的
  • synthesizev. 合成
  • confinedadj. 幽禁的;狭窄的;有限制的;在分娩中的 v. 限
  • guiltn. 罪行,内疚