听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第64期:歇斯底里的威尔
日期:2013-07-15 19:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Turn that off.
把歌关了
Please.
拜托
This has gone far enough.
这样太过火了
It’s gone much too far.
已经太过分了
These people are very upset.
这些人很难过
I don’t believe you’re mad,
我不认为你疯了
But what you’re saying is not true.
但你说的绝对不是真的
That leaves only one explanation.
那就只有一种解释了
The time has come when you must admit
现在你必须承认
This is a hoax...
这是一个恶作剧
A lie.
谎话
John? Isn’t that true, john?
是不是
If you don’t drop this now- If you can-
如果趁还能挽回的时候 你不做
I’ll be convinced
我会觉得
That you need a great deal of attention.
你非常需要被留心
I can have you committed for observation.
我会让你强制入院观察
You know that.
你知道的
I ask you now
我现在问你
I demand it
我要求
That you tell these people the truth.
告诉这些人实话吧
Give them closure.
给他们一个了结
John It’s time, john.
是时候了
Please.
拜托


妙语佳句

1.much too

太…;非常…
I think your prices are much too high, compared with those of other suppliers.
与其他供应商所出价格相比.你们的价格太高了.

2.a great deal of

大量
Understandably, this causes a great deal of disk activity on each request.
可想而知,这会使每次请求都导致大量磁盘操作。

剧情百科


威尔的一番言论使约翰陷入了沉思,那究竟约翰会做出解释还是不顾威尔的威胁呢?威尔会做出什么事情来呢?……


考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.The flight was postponed ______ ______ ______ bad weather.
因为天气恶劣, 飞行延期了。

2.______ ______ ______ would I dare walk in that neighborhood at night.
夜晚我决不敢在那附近走。


本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.After all, I am defeated by him.
我毕竟打不过他。

2.All at once I tumbled to what he meant.
我突然明白了他的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • committedadj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的
  • hoaxv. 欺骗,哄骗,愚弄 n. 愚弄人,恶作剧
  • observationn. 观察,观察力,评论 adj. 被设计用来观察的
  • explanationn. 解释,说明
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱