(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Hey, buddy.
嘿 老兄。
You don’t waste time, do you?
你可真抓紧时间。
I try not to.
我试试慢慢来。
Well, you need help?
需要帮忙吗?
Sure.
当然。
would you like to tell us.
你能告诉我们。
What the hell that was all about?
这究竟是怎么回事吗?
I don’t like good-Byes.
我也不想说再见。
John Kind of the point of a good-Bye party, john.
这才是饯行派对要说的话。
Went to a certain amount of trouble, you know?
搬家总会遇到一堆的麻烦。
Could’ve at least stayed a few minutes, huh?
而这些正好给咱们一点时间聚聚。
Eaten some of the food we so feverishly prepared?
吃点我们精心准备的食物吧?
I apologize, harry.
对不起,哈里。
But why are you moving so quickly?
你为什么这么急着走?
You only resigned a couple of days ago.
几天前你才决定辞职。
You got the history chair at stanford.
难道你被斯坦福大学历史系挖走了?
I wish.
我希望是。
Well, taquitos, chicken wings.
看,有卷饼,鸡翅。
Roastie-Toasties and beer.
调味烧烤和啤酒。
If we’d had more time.
要是时间充裕的话。
We’d have done something a little more grandiose.
我们可以做些更美味的菜。
Candlelight dinner at mcdonald’s.
比如在麦当劳办烛光晚餐。
Strippers.
脱衣女郎。
Taquitos are fine.
有卷饼就可以了。
妙语佳句
1.buddy
n. 伙伴,好朋友;密友;小男孩
vi. 做好朋友,交朋友
My buddy always helps me out when I need him.
我的好朋友总是在我需要他的时候帮我。
2.certain
adj. 某一;必然的;确信;无疑的;有把握的
pron. 某些;某几个
Any liquid could be solidified under the certain conditions.
任何液体在一定条件下均可固化。
3.at least
至少
Our headmaster rattled on for at least two hours at the opening ceremony.
我们的校长在开学典礼上唠唠叨叨地讲了至少两个小时。
4.grandiose
宏伟的;堂皇的;浮夸的;宏大的
The phrase gestures towards grandiose achievement that is out of reach for almost everybody.
这个短语用以表示的宏伟成就,是几乎所有人都无法达到的。
5.mcdonald
麦当劳(快餐店名称);麦克唐纳(男子名)
McDonald said that timber crisps and houses were sunk into the ground to create piers and cliffs.
麦克唐纳说,把木材的片料和房子也埋进地里是为了构建支墩和堤岸。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.吃点我们精心准备的食物吧?
2.我们可以做些更美味的菜。