听电影《这个男人来自地球》学英语第59期:科学的概念往往通过艺术表达出来
日期:2013-06-27 11:02

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

well, you’re finally fulfilling
好吧 你至少实现了
John One prophecy about the millennium, john.
一个千禧年的预言
John: what’s that?
那是什么?
Here you are again.
你又回来了
John? You like the fire, john.
你喜欢火吗
Everywhere I’ve lived, I’ve had a fireplace.
我居住过的每个地方 都有个壁炉
Childhood fixation, I guess.
童年的依恋 我估计
Helps me to feel secure.
让我有安全感
There are predators out there.
外面有野兽
One thing I didn’t pack...
有一样东西我没有打包
I thought I might need it.
我觉得我可能会需要它
Wouldn’t sacre du printemps be more appropriate?
《春之祭》会更应景
What?
什么?
You’ve got..
你令 .
Four men of science completely baffled, my friend.
四位科学家完全吃瘪了 我的朋友
We-We don’t know what to make of you.
我们不知该如何看待你
Did you know voltaire was the first to suggest
你们知道伏尔泰是第一个提出
That the universe was created by a gigantic explosion?
宇宙爆炸论的人吗?
I think paul would agree.
我觉得保罗会赞成的
And then goethe was the first to suggest
歌德是第一个提出
That spiral nebulae were swirling masses of stars.
螺旋星云是群星做围绕着群星做漩涡运动的物质
We now call them galaxies.
我们现在把它们叫做银河
It’s kind of funny how often new concepts of science
挺有意思的 科学的新概念往往
Find their first tentative forms of expression in the arts.
最先通过艺术表达出来
So did beethoven do physics on the side?
那么贝多芬也兼职物理研究吗?
He spent most of his time lying on the floor
他大多数时间躺在地板上
In front of his legless piano
面前放着无腿的钢琴
Surrounded by orange peels and apple cores.
周围全是橘子皮和苹果核
Now we’re on the floor listening to beethoven.
现在我们坐在地板上听着贝多芬的乐曲
Full circle.
围成一圈


妙语佳句

1.tentative

adj. 试验性的,暂定的;踌躇的
n. 假设,试验
Our separation was tough on us all and tentative from the start.
分居对我们所有人来说难以忍受,因此从一开始是尝试性的。

2.Surrounded by

被……包围
She was surrounded by reporters.
她被记者包围住了。

剧情百科

科学的概念往往通过艺术表达出来,难道约翰这件事也是通过这样表达出来的吗?那就未免太艺术了……约翰的几个科学家朋友都被约翰的云里雾里搞得晕头转向了……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.They will pay a hundred and thirty francs ______ ______.
他们将预付130法郎。

2.______ ______ ______, the higher your maturity level, the more people you will find using the tool to advantage.
换句话说,你的成熟等级越高,你将发现更多利用工具的优势。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Unlike you, I am not accustomed to lying.
我和你不一样,我不习惯说谎。

2.I'm not acquainted with the facts of the case.
我不了解这案件的实际情况

分享到
重点单词
  • prophecyn. 预言,先兆,预言能力 =prophesy
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • spiraln. 旋涡,螺旋形之物 adj. 螺旋形的,盘旋的 v.
  • accustomedadj. 习惯了的,通常的
  • secureadj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的 vt. 固定,获得,使
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • swirlingn. 漩涡;涡流 adj. 打旋的 v. 打旋;眩晕;使
  • acquaintedadj. 有知识的,熟悉的,了解的 动词acquaint
  • tentativeadj. 试验性质的,暂时的,犹豫不决的
  • appropriateadj. 适当的,相称的 vt. 拨出(款项); 占用