听电影《花木兰》学英语第1期:迟到的木兰
日期:2013-05-10 18:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

The Matchmaker is not a patient woman.
媒婆可没那么好耐性啊
Of all days to be late... I should have prayed to the ancestors for luck.
怎么偏偏今天迟到
How lucky can they be? They're dead.
他们能保佑什么?
Besides, I've got all the luck we'll need.
他们早就上西天了
This is your chance to prove yourself.
来证明一下你的好运
Grandma, no!
奶奶 小心啊!
Yep, this cricket's a lucky one!
没事儿哎
I'm here.
我来了
What? But, Mama, I had to...
怎么了? 娘 我必须...
None of your excuses. Now, let's get you cleaned up.
别说了
This is what you give me to work with
这是我要装扮的女孩吗?
Well, honey I've seen worse
别担心 我见过更糟的
We're gonna turn this sow's ear
我要将这平凡女孩...
Into a silk purse
蜕变成窈窕淑女
It's freezing.
好冷哦
It would have been warm if you were here on time.
如果你准时的话水就是暖的了
We'll have you washed and dried
得先把你洗干净
Primped and polished till you glow with pride
容光焕发才会人人爱
Trust my recipe for instant bride
经我细心装扮的新娘
You'll bring honour to us all
我们都会以你为荣
Mulan, what's this? - Uh, notes...
木兰 是什么? 小抄
in case I forget something.
为了以防万一
Hold this. We'll need more luck than I thought.
拿着 比我预想的更要指望运气


妙语佳句

1.It's one's chance to do sth·

某人的机会来做某事
This is your chance to prove your innocence.
这是你的机会来证明你是清白的了

2.bring honour to sb·

为某人带来荣誉
You'll bring honour to our country.
你将会为我们的国家带来荣誉

剧情百科

媒婆早已在等着,木兰却迟迟不来,妈妈和奶奶正在焦急的等待着。在古代,看来女子的唯一出路就只有嫁的一户好人家,显然木兰却不是那么的情愿……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper w
ords

1.I am an American, not ______ ______ of birth but by choice.
我是一个美国人,不是偶然而是被选择出生在这里

2.The known chemistry is ______ ______ ______ this.
已知的化学知识和此理论一致。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

分享到
重点单词
  • sowv. 播种,散布 n. 母猪, 大母熊, 铁水沟,
  • polishedadj. 擦亮的;优美的;圆滑的 v. 擦亮(polis
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • innocencen. 无罪,无知,天真无邪
  • recipen. 食谱,秘诀,药方