位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 迷失 > 正文
看《迷失》学美语:第一季第2集(4):勇敢的女人并不是弱者
日期:2012-10-23 16:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Is it working?
好用了吗
It seems to be, except we're not picking up a signal.
看来行了 就差找到信号了
Why do we need to pick up a signal? Aren't we trying to send one?
为什么要找信号呢 我们不是要发射信号吗
Yes, but what you want to see here is little bars. The bars show it's getting reception.
是的 但要看到小格 信号格表示无线电被接收了
We need the bars?
我们需要信号格
We could broadcast blind, hope that someone, maybe a ship somewhere picks up our distress call.
我们可以盲播 希望有人或船能收到我们的求救信号
But that would be a waste of the battery, which might not last for long. There is one thing we could try.
但那样可能是在浪费电池 电池可不多了 我们还可以试一个办法
What? Get the signal from high ground. How high?
什么办法 看我们是否能从高地收到信号 要多高
How is he? Can you do anything?
他怎么样了 有什么办法吗
I can pull out the shrapnel.
拔出碎片
But you said if you took it out...
可你昨天说如果要拔了出来
That was yesterday. I was hoping he'd be at a hospital by now.
我知道 但那是昨天 我以为他现在该在医院了
If I leave him like this he'll be dead within a day.
如果再这样下去 他一天内就会死的
If I open him up...If I can control the bleeding, and if he doesn't go into sepsis,
如果拔下来 然后止住血 如果不化脓
and if I can find some antibiotics, he might be all right.
如果再能找到些抗生素 他也许就会没事
I'm going on a hike. Sorry?
我要上山了 什么
Sayid fixed the transceiver, but we can't use it. Not from here.
Sayid修好了收发机 但用不了 在这里用不了
Kate, wait a minute.
Kate 等一下
You said we had to send a signal.
是你说我们必须要发射信号的
Look, you saw what that thing did to that pilot.
你看到了那东西把机长弄成了什么样
Yeah, I did. What makes you think we're any safer here than we are in the jungle?
恩 看到了 为什么你认为我们在这里就比在丛林里安全呢
Wait for me. I don't know how long...
等我 我不知道还要多久...
Sayid said the battery won't last.
Sayid说电池不多了
All right. If you see or hear anything...Anything...Run.
好吧 如果看到或听到什么东西 任何东西 跑就是了

地道口语
一.Is it working? 好用了吗?
Is it working?的字面意思是“可以工作了吗?”,其引申义就是“好用了吗?”当你向别人询问某物是否运作正常的时候,就可以使用这个句型。
二.pick up:捡起;获得;收拾
e.g.:With this in mind, the next time you need a bit of time to yourself, pick up a book.
记住这个方法,下次当你需要一点自我放松的时间时,你则可以挑选一本书来阅读。
三.try to do:尽力做某事;努力做某事/ try doing:尝试做…
try doing和try to do最大的区别,就在于:
try to do所表达的是“努力去做”,这个努力的含义非常重要。你要把try看成辅助的,一种口气词,而重心在后面的to do上,也就是把行为看得重要,而不是仅仅去尝试了。
而try doing是一种尝试的心态,抱着一种试试看的态度而已,是“试”,这个词组的重心在try上,doing可以看成是try的辅助。
四.pull out:离开,撤离;拔出;渡过难关;恢复健康;折叠的大张插页;飞机进场重新飞起
e.g.:The end of summer gives investors a great excuse to pull out their crystal balls and try to predict what the next year holds in store.
这个夏天的结束给了投资者一个很好的借口离开他们的水晶球,并且试图预言下一年将要发生什么。

剧情介绍:
当大家遭遇困难的时候,只有保持意见一致才能尽快脱险。有时候女人并不是弱者,她们可能比男人拥有更强大的心理素质以及面对困境的勇气。Kate给所有人做出了榜样,这真的是个勇敢的女人。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • antibioticsn. 抗生素,抗生学
  • crystaln. 水晶,晶体 adj. 晶体的,透明的
  • pilotn. 飞行员,领航员,引航员 vt. 领航,驾驶,向导
  • distressn. 痛苦,苦恼,不幸 vt. 使痛苦,使苦恼 a
  • signaln. 信号,标志 v. (发信号)通知、表示 adj.
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • predictv. 预知,预言,预报,预测
  • bleedingn. 出血;渗色 adj. 流血的;同情的 v. 出血;