电影《青春舞会皇后》精讲第25:寒酸的小红帽
日期:2014-12-23 22:53

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文
QQ截图20141125183324.png

LOLA: And then Mrs. Higgins says,

洛拉: 然后希金斯夫人说

"And what will you do now, dear?"

“那你们现在该怎么办, 亲爱的?”

Hi.

Hi

Hey, Mom.

嘿,妈妈

There's gonna be a cast party

今天演出结束以后

at Carla "The Bad" Santini's house after the show.

在那个坏卡拉?桑提提的家里 有个聚会

Everyone's gonna be really dressed up.

每个人都会盛装出席

It's my big night.

那是属于我的夜晚

I want to look absolutely perfect.

我想让自己看起来显得完美

Well, the car broke down today.

不幸的是,车子今天坏了

That cost me $600.

花了我600美元

So, do you think you could look absolutely perfect

你能不能考虑一下 现有的衣服

Plus I have to buy a new kiln.

再说我要买个新炉子

in something that you already own?

哪一件能使你看起来 显得完美呢?

Sure, I'll try and find something.

当然,我试一下 也许能找到

Yeah.

好的

Can you believe 64 hours from now

你能想象还有60个小时

we'll be within touching distance

我们就能和那个 写出那么多好听的歌曲的人

from the man who wrote so many great songs,

面对面了,

and I still haven't found something to wear?

而我在这儿还知道该穿些什么?

Come on, baby, show it

来吧,宝贝,秀出来

Come on, baby, show it, come in and meet the boys

来吧,宝贝,秀出来 进来见那些男孩

What I needed for the concert was a drop-dead-gorgeous dress

我需要找一件 美得到死的裙子

that made me look 25 and sophisticated enough

能让我看起来有25岁

to have a perfume named after me.

并且美得可以让某种香水 以我的名字命名

This had to be really, really special.

它必须十分,十分的特别

It had to be glamorous, and it had to make a statement.

必须很迷人 而且有特殊的效果

If I wanted Stu Wolff to notice me, that is.

如果我想让斯图?沃尔夫注意 到我的话,就必须这样

You better look good, you got to have height

你必须看起来漂亮 你必须有高度

Might as well just wear this to see Stu.

或者戴上这个去见斯图

Nothing else to wear anyway.

别的什么也不穿

I'm gonna be the dowdy redhead who doesn't know how to dress.

那我就是不知道如何穿着 的寒酸的小红帽

重点讲解

重点单词:

1、gorgeous

adj. 华丽的,灿烂的;极好的

The cosmetics industry uses gorgeous women to sell its skincare products.

化妆品行业用很性感的女人来推销护肤品。

2、glamorous

adj. 迷人的,富有魅力的

There is also something glamorous and feminine about it.

还有一些关于它迷人的女性的东西。

3、distance

n. 距离;远方;疏远;间隔

vt. 疏远;把…远远甩在后面

The distance wouldn't be a problem.

距离遥远不是问题。

4、absolutely

adv. 绝对地;完全地

I absolutely refuse to get married.

我绝对拒绝结婚。

重点短语:

1、dress up

v. 打扮,装饰;穿上盛装

You do not need to dress up for dinner.

你不必为了晚宴盛装打扮。

2、break down

分解;发生故障;失败;毁掉;制服

Talks with business leaders broke down last night.

与商界领导人的谈判于昨晚失败了。

考考你(翻译):

1、例如,在1957年大部分的汽车都是华丽的。

2、心理线索和现实证据之间存在着巨大差距。

3、我就是喜欢穿另一个时代的服装,很好玩。

答案下期公布:

上期答案:

1、I also believe those who flaunt their nudity are inconsiderate and selfish.

2、Most of our flights have a baggage allowance of 44 lbs per passenger.

3、I was relieved to find out that my problems were due to a genuine disorder.


分享到