电影《蒸发的摩根夫妇》精讲第49期:表现太糟糕
日期:2014-06-01 19:45

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

No, this is the Dr. Simmons in Ray, Wyoming.
不是,这是怀俄明州雷镇 西蒙医生办公室
Sorry, my mistake.
抱歉打错了
There’s someone using your name in Columbus, Ohio.
有人在俄亥俄州哥伦比亚冒用你的名字
I think that’s about it for me.
我想就这样子吧
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 -对啊
Well, I probably did tire you out a bit last night.
对啊 你昨天也累了一晚
God, I was amazing.
没错,我太神奇了
Yeah, I’m really glad I was there to see it.
对啊,我很荣幸能在场见证
Yeah.
嗯哼
All right. Wait, listen.
好吧 等等
With regard to the whole adoption thing,
关于领养的事
it is possible that I did drag my feet a little bit.
我确实表现得有点糟糕
You would be a terrific mother,
你是个很好的母亲
caring, supportive and completely smothering.
爱家爱子,又温柔
I know! I’m so looking forward to that.
对啊!我很期待
But I am not sure that I would be good at it.
但我不确定我是否也是
Really? That’s what you’re worried about?
这就是你一直以来担心的?
A bit, yes, yes.
有一点啦
What makes you think I would be a good father?
你为何认定我是个好爸爸

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、adoption
n. 采用;收养;接受
The word is now English by adoption.
这个词现在已被采纳入英语。
2、supportive
adj. 支持的;支援的;赞助的
They were always supportive of each other.
他们总是互相帮助。
3、completely
adv. 完全地,彻底地;完整地
He completely dominates the family.
这个家完全由他做主。
重点短语
1、tire out
使……十分疲劳;筋疲力尽
The old veteran could tire out the most robust sportsman.
这位久经沙场的老将能把最强壮的运动员拖得筋疲力尽。
2、be good at
擅长做…
Heck, you can’t be good at everything.
因为你不可能把所有事都做得很好。
考考你(翻译):
1、我们说服他采纳这项计划。
2、他被他的对手彻底打败了。
3、它们的爱从不会厌倦,星宿的轮回也无法停下它们的舞步。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、All the eyes were riveted on the bride.
2、Business bank accounts were kept separate from personal ones.
3、Some military commanders wavered over whether to support the coup.

分享到
重点单词
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • tiren. 轮胎,金属圈 v. 使疲倦,厌烦
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • coupn. 政变,砰然的一击,妙计,出乎意料的行动