电影《蒸发的摩根夫妇》精讲第26期:申请领养小孩
日期:2014-04-30 17:40

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文


Must’ve been a big decision for you.
你应该下了很大决心
Well, I really thought about telling you, but I didn’t really know where we were at.
其实我原本想跟你说的 但我一直搞不定我们之间的关系
And to be honest,
说实话
you know, from the time that we started having trouble getting pregnant,
从我们怀孕失败之后
you weren’t exactly supportive.
你就不怎么支持我
Well, you know, I always find it almost impossible to believe that you say that,
你知道吗, 我觉得你会这么想,很不可思议
because between the fertility doctors and the injections
因为不断来往于妇产科和人工受孕之间
and the woman who chanted over my sperm...
还有那位护士,不断地取笑我的精子
Oh, man, come on. I have apologized for that so many times.
又来了,我都道歉过好几次了
that I was pretty supportive.
我自认为我还满支持你的
Was I enjoying having sex on a schedule timed exactly to your ovulations?
你觉得我很喜欢在你排卵期间做爱吗
Maybe not as much as I should’ve done, and I’m very sorry about that.
或许我应该表现地更享受一点
Or talking about reproducing every second of every day.
而且你每分每秒都在讲繁殖后代的事
It wasn’t every second of every day. I just wanted to be a mother.
才没有,我只是想当妈妈
I was the one who suggested adoption in the first place.
我一开始就说要领养的
Yes, and I wanted to be a father.
我也想当爸爸啊
Then why did we never meet with an adoption agency?
那我们为何从来没去找过领养中心
Because, by that time, you had become so wired and so crazed
因为你那时变得很歇斯底里
that they would not have let us raise a goldfish, let alone a baby.
他们连金鱼不准我们养了 何况是孩子

重点讲解

重点单词
1、pregnant
adj. 怀孕的;富有意义的
Lena got pregnant and married.
莉娜怀了孕并结了婚。
2、adoption
n. 采用;收养;接受
We argued her into the adoption of the plan.
我们说服他采纳这项计划。
3、wired
adj. 接有电线的;以铁丝围起的;极其兴奋的
v. 以金属丝装;打电报给(wire的过去分词)
Tonight he is manic, wired and uptight.
他今晚焦躁不安,紧张易怒。
4、schedule
vt. 安排,计划;编制目录;将……列入计划表
n. 时间表;计划表;一览表
He has been forced to adjust his schedule.
他已被迫调整了日程安排。
5、fertility
n. 多产;肥沃;[农经] 生产力;丰饶
Tomorrow I'll be focussing on the fertility not of the land, but of the people farming it.
明天我的侧重点将不是土地的肥沃力,而是在土地上耕作的人类的生育能力。
考考你(翻译):
1、Do pregnant women really yearn for sour pickles?
2、In the next part of this effort, you produce an adoption roadmap.
3、Everything went according to schedule.
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Cold tea is very soothing for burns.
2、The price of oil should remain stable for the rest of 1992.
3、We argued her into the adoption of the plan.

分享到
重点单词
  • stableadj. 稳定的,安定的,可靠的 n. 马厩,马棚,一批
  • yearnv. 渴望,想念
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • soothingadj. 使人宽心的;抚慰的 v. 安慰;减轻痛苦(so
  • producen. 产品,农作物 vt. 生产,提出,引起,分娩,制片
  • fertilityn. 肥沃,丰饶,生产力