电影《 蒸发的摩根夫妇》精讲第6期:一切都很好
日期:2014-04-09 18:40

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

I just have one more little thing.
只是还有一件事
Okay, look, I know you always wanted us to go and I procrastinated,
我知道你一直都认为我们该往前看了 不过我一直拖时间
but I thought this might make up for it.
但我认为这值得一试
Dr. Tobin is apparently the best marriage counselor in the city.
托比医生是城里最好的婚姻谘询者
Oh, no, I know who she is. I found her duplex on Madison.
我知道她是谁 我在麦迪逊大道看过她的公寓
Okay. And the Lerners recommended her.
很好. 而且林氏夫妇很推荐她
Eric and Fiona? Yes.
你是指艾瑞克和菲欧娜吗? 对
They’ve been divorced a year. They have, they have.
拜托,他们都离婚一年了 我知道
But the one thing they do agree on is how much they love Dr. Tobin.
但他们同时都对托比医师赞不绝口
Apparently, she wrote some book.
她有出过书
Yes. The Magic Marriage Myth.
我知道,神奇的婚姻秘辛
You see? You are so wellread. I really miss that.
对啊,你太聪明了. 我就喜欢你这点
It’s all about people’s expectations that their spouse will be the answer
那本书全在说人们 将婚姻的解答放在伴侣身上
to all their problems when, in fact, they should be facing reality
然而事实却是
and not asking their partners for more than they can give.
不要对伴侣要求太高
Brilliant. Brilliant.
是的,就是那个意思
I don’t know. I find her theory kind of depressing, don’t you?
我不懂. 我觉得她说的很悲哀耶 你不觉得?
Yep. Yep, yeah, if you do.
是,是,你说的对
Can you please stop being so agreeable? Please?
你可以不要再继续迎合我了 好吗?
Whatever you say.
遵命
So. So.
嗯 嗯
So, you know, I have to do a showing tonight,
嗯,我今晚有个晚会
and I’m gonna pick up my client at his townhouse.
而我得去接那个客人
Yes.

Do you wanna walk with me?
你要跟我一起走路去吗
Absolutely. Yes. Okay.
当然 好
Adam, we are gonna walk.
亚当,我们要用走路去的
You’re going to walk? Yes.
走路? 对
Is everything all right? Did we do something wrong?
一切都还好吗? 我们是否做错什么了
No. Everything’s okay.
一切都很好

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、apparently
adv. 显然地;似乎,表面上
Apparently the girls are not at all amused by the whole business.
据说这些女孩们完全不觉得这整件事好笑。
2、expectation
n. 期待;预期;指望
Their hope, and their expectation, was that she was going to be found safe and that she would be returned to her family.
他们的希望和期盼是她被找到时安全无恙并被送回她家。
3、depress
vt. 压抑;使沮丧;使萧条
The stronger U.S. dollar depressed sales.
更坚挺的美元使销售量下降。
重点短语
1、make up
组成;补足;化妆;编造
The Chinese make up the largest single ethnic group in the city's public classrooms.
华人在该市公立学校的课堂中构成最大的一个族群。
2、pick up
捡起;获得;收拾;不费力地学会
He picked his cap up from the floor and stuck it back on his head.
他从地板上捡起帽子,重新戴在头上。
考考你(翻译):
1、最近的恶化是由貌似没完没了的萧条造成的。
2、斯蒂芬·蔡斯已决心不辜负公司的期望。
3、我必须承认国家的形势令我沮丧。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Jane finally broke away from her parents and got an apartment of her own.
2、I see. Would you like me to reschedule you for another night?
3、There was an awkwardly long silence.

分享到
重点单词
  • spousen. 配偶
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • amusedadj. 有趣的
  • depressedadj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • awkwardlyadv. 笨拙地
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • agreeableadj. 愉快的,和蔼可亲的,欣然同意的,一致的
  • expectationn. 期待,期望
  • counselorn. 顾问,参事,法律顾问 =counsellor