影视精讲《阿甘正传》第32期:阿甘的跑步在其他人看来有了某种意义
日期:2012-08-10 11:15

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I can't believe it's really you.
我不敢相信真的是你
Now...for some reason,
然后…不知什么原因
what I was doing seemed to...
我所做的事好象
make sense to people.
在某些人看来有了意义
It was like an alarm went off in my head.
我的头脑中好象响起一声警报
I said, "Here's a guy that's got his act together.
我说,“他是个实干家,
Here's somebody who has the answer."
他拥有所有问题的答案”
I'll follow you anywhere, Mr. Gump.
我要追随你,甘先生
So I got company.
于是我有了伙伴
And after that, I got more company.
然后,我有了更多的伙伴
And then, even more people joined in.
然后,又有更多的人加入
Somebody later told me
有人后来告诉我
it gave people hope.
人们看到了希望
Now--
那时…
Now, I don't know anything about that,
那时我什么也不知道
but some of those people asked me
有些人曾经问我
if I could help them out.
我能不能帮助他们
I was wondering if you might help me.
我想你也许能够帮助我
I'm in the bumper sticker business.
我是做贴纸生意的
I need a good slogan,
我需要一句好的口号
and since you've been so inspirational,
你很有天才
I thought you might be able to help me--
我想你也许能帮助我…
Whoa, man! You just ran
啊!你刚跑过…
through a big pile of dog shit!
一大堆狗屎!

重点解释

妙语佳句:
bumper sticker:保险杠贴纸
例如:a bumper sticker that said, 'Happiness Is Being a Grandmother'.
汽车后保险杠的贴纸上写着:“当祖母,真幸福。”
Just about anywhere you drive in America, you're likely to see a bumper sticker.
在美国开车,你很可能到处都会看到保险杠贴纸。

slogan:标语,口号
例如:They could campaign on the slogan 'We'll take less of your money'.
他们可能打出这样的竞选口号:“我们会让您少出钱”。
a group of angry demonstrators shouting slogans.
一群高呼口号的愤怒的示威者

inspirational:鼓舞人心的
例如:Gandhi was an inspirational figure...
甘地是富有感召力的人物。
I dedicate the book to my inspirational teacher — Li Yang.
我现在要把这本书献给影响我终身的老师——李阳老师。

剧情百科常识:


《阿甘正传》,以美国式的对白和真实的场景取胜,音乐在其中似乎并不占主导地位,但无论是来自收音机,还是来自电视,无论是角色随口哼唱,还是从舞会上传来,若有若无的音乐总是萦绕在四周,促生着人们因故事情节而产生的种种不同的情绪。随着影片从一个历史阶段发展到另一个历史阶段,音乐也在不知不觉中发生着变化。爵士乐,摇滚乐,乡村音乐;闲适的音乐,痛苦的音乐,兴奋的音乐;50年代的音乐,60年代的音乐,70年代的音乐……   
《阿甘正传》的音乐,是非主导性的,甚至可以说是这部所有的构成元素中最不容易为人所直接察觉的,但它却是成功的。它的成功,在于它的完整性和对情节发展的自然补充。

考考你:
有些广告比较小,比如招贴画那样的,还有些可能要覆盖整个车身。
这个口号会约束我们的手脚。
每天听和看鼓舞人心的东东以保持你的激情。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
I don't give a damn if you like me or not.
I have to know exactly why it is I'm doing a particular job.

分享到
重点单词
  • slogann. 标语,口号
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞
  • dedicatevt. 献出,提献辞,致力于
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,