影视精讲《阿甘正传》第18期:阿甘去白宫见合众国的总统
日期:2012-07-27 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I guess Lieutenant Dan figured
我想丹中尉发现
there's some things you just can't change.
有些事你是无法改变的
He didn't want to be called crippled
他不想被称为残废
just like I didn't want to be called stupid.
就象我不想被称为傻瓜
Happy new year, Gump.
新年快乐,阿甘
The U.S. Ping-Pong team
美国乒乓球队
met with President Nixon today...
今天与尼克松总统见面…
Wouldn't you know it?
你知道吧?
A few months later,
几个月后
they invited me and the Ping-Pong team
他们邀请我和乒乓球队
to visit the White House.
去白宫
So I went...
所以我去了…
again.
第二次去
And I met the president of the United States again.
并且第二次见到了合众国的总统
Only this time, they didn't get us rooms
不过这次他们没有给我们安排
in a real fancy hotel.
酒店套房
Are you enjoying yourself
你玩得愉快吗
in our nation's capital, young man?
在我们的首都,年轻人?
where are you staying?
你住在哪儿?
It's called the Hotel Ebbott.
埃伯特酒店
Oh, no, no, no. I know a much nicer hotel.
啊,不,不。我知道有家更好的酒店
It's brand-new. Very modern.
是新开张的水门酒店,设备很先进
I'll have my people take care of it.
我会叫人安排你入住的

重点解释

妙语佳句:
figure:想出,明白
例如:I don't have to be a detective to figure that out.
我不是侦探也想得出。
figure还有认为,算出的意思
例如:She figured that both she and Ned had learned a lot from the experience.
她觉得自己和内德都从这一经历中学到了很多东西。
He figured up the balance in their checking account.
他算出了他们活期存款账户上的余额总和。

take care of :照顾
例如:Her work is to take care of the children.
她的工作是照料好孩子。
And I will take care of you, I promise.我保证,我一定照顾你。

剧情百科常识:


《阿甘正传》让我们熟知了两个人:阿甘和汤姆·汉克斯。这部影片改编自温斯顿·格卢姆的同名政治讽刺小说,但影片的总体风格似乎更像是一部人生寓言,在影片中,阿甘的智商尽管并不高,但他的身上却具有这个社会已经远离许久的诚实、守信、勇敢、真诚等美德,影片的开始,我们或许会被阿甘的木讷所逗乐,在他面前,我们充满着优越感,但在影片结束时,我们却不得不被他的真诚所感动,我们突然发现阿甘的经历正是代表了我们每个人的纯真年代,而我们的身上却已经覆压着太多的偏见与虚荣。

考考你:
他们花了大约1个月的时间才搞清楚如何启动设备。
他们委派她照顾那位老人。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
In the end, the meeting was a sideshow to a political storm that broke Thursday.
I refused to go along with their pathetic charade.
However, outside of these institutions the black thinking woman is looked upon as a freak.

分享到
重点单词
  • sideshown. 穿插表演;串演的节;小事件
  • charaden. 看手势猜字谜游戏,易识破的伪装
  • detectiveadj. 侦探的 n. 侦探
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,