影视精讲《阿甘正传》第3期:与珍妮的第一次见面
日期:2012-07-11 10:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You can sit here if you want.
你愿意的话可以坐这儿
I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life.
我一生再没见过如此美丽的人
She was like an angel.
她就象一位天使
Well, are you going to sit down or aren't you?
你想坐还是不想坐?
What's wrong with your legs?
你的腿怎么啦?
Um, nothing at all, thank you.
没什么,谢谢你
My legs are just fine and dandy.
我的的腿好得很
I just sat next to her on that bus
我和她在并排坐在校车里
and had a conversation all the way to school.
去学校途中我们一直在说话
My back's crooked like a question mark.
当时我的背象个问号那么弯
Next to Mama, no one ever talked to me
除了妈妈,没有人和我说话
or asked me questions.
或问我问题
Are you stupid or something?
你是不是有点傻?
Mama says, "Stupid is as stupid does."
妈妈说,“傻人有傻福”
I'm Jenny .
我叫珍妮
I'm Forrest-- Forrest Gump.
我叫福雷斯…福雷斯甘
From that day on, we was always together.
由那天开始,我们经常在一起
Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.
珍妮和我形影不离
She taught me how to climb.
她教我怎么爬树
Come on, Forrest, you can do it.
快,福雷斯,你能做到
I showed her how to dangle.
我教她怎么摇摆
"A good little..."
“一个好小…”
She helped me learn how to read,
她帮我学怎么认字
and I showed her how to swing.
我教她怎么倒挂
Sometimes, we'd just sitout
有时,我们就那么坐着
and wait for the stars.
等星星出来
Mama's going to worry about me.
妈妈会担心我的
Just stay a little longer.
再呆一会儿
For some reason, Jenny didn 't never want to go home.
不知为什么,珍妮从来不爱回家
O.K.,Jenny, I'll stay.
好吧,珍妮,我再呆一会儿

重点解释
妙语佳句:
fine and dandy:很好的意思。
例如:Everything was to be fine and dandy once Peter started his new job.
一旦彼得有了新工作,一切都会好的。

Stupid is as stupid does:蠢人做蠢事,也可理解为傻人有傻福
拓展词汇:"Handsome is as handsome does" or "Beauty is as Beauty Does" means "Good deeds are more important than good looks". 意思是做好事的人才会漂亮。

peas and carrots:本文中是形影不离的意思。
例如:We was like peas and carrots again.
像是回到了过去,我们又形影不离了。

dangle:摇摆的意思。
例如:He sits on the edge of the table dangle his leg.
他坐在桌子边上,摆动著双腿。
拓展:dangle after 追求的意思。
例如:Several young men dangle after the pretty girl.
好几个青年男子追随那漂亮女孩。

剧情百科常识:


大学毕业后,在一名新兵的鼓动下,阿甘应征参加了越战。在这里,他遇到了好朋友布巴和丹中尉。在一次战斗中,他所在的部队中了埋伏,一声撤退令下,阿甘记起了珍妮的嘱咐(你若遇上麻烦,不要逞强,你就跑,远远跑开)撒腿就跑,直到跑到了一条河边,这时,他才猛的想起自己的好朋友布巴还没跑出来,于是他又奋不顾身地跑回去救布巴,同时还救起了许多的同伴,最后阿甘终于救出布巴,但是布巴中弹受了重伤,最后死了。战争结束后,阿甘负伤救了战友作为英雄受到了约翰逊总统的接见。

考考你:
现在我好多了,但没见到你前,我简直一点精神也没有。
小时候我们形影不离,大学毕业后几乎成了陌生人。
别把灯在我面前晃来晃去,对我眼不好。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
In the West people think it's rude to stare at a person.
We do not intend to be drawn into the internal strife.
Jane let out where she had hidden her father's birthday present.

分享到
重点单词
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • starev. 凝视,盯着看 n. 凝视 v. 显眼,(毛发
  • internaladj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话