(单词翻译:单击)
1. What kind of quality should an interpreter have?
口译员应该具备怎样的素质?
2. I am calling to inquire the position of English interpreter.
我想询问一下英语口译职位的情况。
3. My major is English Translation and Interpretation.
我的专业是英语翻译与口译。
4. How long have you been in this field?
你在口译这一行做多久了?
5. He should be well-equipped with English language and culture, modest, experienced and have good manners.
应该对英语语言和文化都很熟悉,为人谦虚,经验丰富,很有修养。
6. It takes time and perseverance to achieve that goal.
达到这一目标需要时间和毅力。
7. Therefore,an interpreter has to know some expertise in the field he/she serves as an interpreter.
因此口译员必须懂得他/她所服务的领域的专业知识。
8. I once served as an interpreter for a delegation from South Africa.
我曾为一个南非代表团做口译。
9. I am an English major, and it is the best job which can demonstrate my ability and realize my potential.
我是个英语专业的学生,口译最能体现我的能力并发挥我的潜力。
10. I have been an interpreter since I graduated from university in 2000.
我从2000年大学毕业就开始做口译了。
Dialogue 1
对话 1
A: Hello, this is Garry Zhao. I am calling to inquire the position of English interpreter.
A:你好,我是赵加里。我想询间一下英语口译职位的情况。
B: Well, it is still open. Where did you graduate from.
B:嗯,现在还在招聘。你是哪个学校毕业的?
A: I graduated from the Beijing Foreign Studies University. My major is English Translation and Interpretation.
A: 我是北京外国语大学毕业的,专业是英语翻译与口译。
B: It sounds great. I will arrange an interview tomorrow. Can you come tomorrow?
B:听上去不错。我明天给你一个面试机会,你能来吗?
A: Yes, I can. Thank you so much.
A:好的,我可以。非常感谢,
Dialogue 2
对话 2
A: What characteristics should an interpreter own?
A: 口译员应该具备条怎样的素质?
B: I think he should be an expert of everything.
B: 应该是个杂家,什么都懂。
A: Why is that?
A:为什么?
B: Because English is nothing but a tool which is used when people may negotiate in international conferences, probe into physics, release some information in a press conferrence ,and do anything we can do with language. Therefore, an interpreter has to know some expertise in the field he/she serves as an interpreter. Otherwise he/she can not carry out his/her work smoothly.
B:因为英语只是一个交流的工具, 人们用它在国际会议上谈判、 研究物理、在记者招待会上发布消息,做一切语言可以做的事情。因此口译员必须懂得他/ 她所服务的领域的专业知识,否则无法顺利开展工作。