(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
Now, I have this device on. I didn't want to take my shirt off to show you, but I can tell you it's on.
现在我的身上有一个类似的设备。我不想把衬衫脱掉给各位看,但是可以告诉大家我的确戴着它。
This is a device that not only measures cardiac rhythm, as you saw already, but it also goes well beyond that.
这项设备不仅能够测量你的心律--正如你已经看到的,它能做的事情远比这个要多。
This is me now. And you can see the ECG.
我现在就站在这里。你可以看到我的心电图。
Below that's the actual heart rate and the trend; to the right of that is a bioconductant.
它的下面是我的实际心率和心脏跳动的趋势,右边是一个生理参量,这是动态的。
That's the fluid status, fluid status, that's really important if you're monitoring somebody with heart failure.
这对于患有心力衰竭的病人非常重要,这对于患有心力衰竭的病人非常重要。
And below that's temperature, and respiration, and oxygen, and then the position activity.
再下面是体温,呼吸强度以及体内含氧量,这是我的位置活动。
So, this is really striking,
这些的确是振奋人心的,
because this device measures seven things that are very much vital signs for monitoring someone with heart failure.
因为这项设备能够监控心力衰竭患者7大项重要的生命体征。
OK? And why is this important? Well, this is the most expensive bed.
为什么说很重要呢?大家看,这是世界上最贵的一种床。
What if we could reduce the need for hospital beds? Well, we can.
假如我们能减少人们对医院病床的需求,这将会产生什么影响?
First of all, heart failure is the number one reason for hospital admissions and readmissions in this country.
首先,在美国,入院的病人中,心力衰竭患者所占的比例是最大的。
The cost of heart failure is 37 billion dollars a year, which is 80 percent related to hospitalization.
心力衰竭患者每年的花费将近370个亿,其中80%属于住院治疗的费用。
And in the course of 30 days after a hospital stay for a Medicare greater than 65 years or older,
经过住院治疗30天后,65岁以上患者中
is -- 27 percent are readmitted in 30 days, and by six months, over 56 percent are readmitted.
会有27%的人30天内再次入院,否则,6个月后将会有56%的患者再次入院。
So, can we improve that? Well the idea is we take this device that I'm wearing,
因此,我们能否改善一下这种情况呢?我们的想法是,把我现在戴的这个装置,
and we put it on 600 patients with heart failure, randomly assigned, versus 600 patients who don't have active monitoring,
戴在600名随机抽取的心力衰竭患者身上,同时,我们对比另外600名没有佩戴这种装置的心力衰竭患者以便查证
and see whether we can reduce heart failure readmissions, and that's exciting.
这个装置是否可以降低患者再次入院的比例,结果将会是令人惊叹的。
And we'll start that trial, and you'll hear more about how we're going to do that,
我们即将开始这个试验,大家将会听到更多关于我们如何进行这项试验的消息,
but that's a type of wireless device trial that could change medicine in the years ahead.
这是一项能在未来几年将改变医疗现状的无线设备试验。
演讲介绍
EricTopol说,我们很快就可以通过智能手机来监控我们的生命体征并监测一些慢性疾病。在TEDMED上,他着重介绍了应用在未来医疗上的一些重要无线装置,这些装置可以帮助我们远离医院的病床。