(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
We're not at this world yet, but it's coming.
那样的世界还未到来,但很快就能实现。
Right now, it's like we're in a world that is seeing the first automobile.
现在的状况就类似于当初汽车的首次亮相。
The first cryptocurrency, like the first car, is slow and hard to understand and hard to use.
首次出现的加密货币就像那第一辆汽车,速度慢、令人费解,也不好操作。
Digital money, like the horse and carriage, works pretty well, and the whole world economy is built on it.
数字货币就像马匹和马车,现如今依旧运行得很好,整个世界的经济也基于数字货币。
If you were the first person on your block to get a car with an internal combustion engine,
如果你是你们街区第一个拥有内燃发动机的汽车的人,
your neighbors would probably think you were crazy:
周围的邻居可能都会认为你疯了:
"Why would you want this large, clunky machine that breaks down all the time, that lights on fire,
为什么你会用那样庞大笨重的机器,还总是出现故障或者着起火来,
and is still slower than a horse?" But we all know how that story turns out.
速度也不如马车快?但我们都知道后面发生了什么。
We're entering a new era of programmable money.
我们正步入一个程序化货币的时代。
And it's very exciting, but it's also a little bit scary.
这很振奋人心,但也有点令人惊慌。
Cryptocurrencies can be used for illegal transactions, just like cash is used for crime in the world today.
加密货币也能够用于非法交易,就像现在的现金犯罪一样。
When all of our transactions are online, what does that mean for surveillance -- who can see what we do?
如果我们所有的交易都在网上进行,谁能成为监管者呢?
Who's advantaged in this new world and who isn't?
在那样的新世界,谁能获利,谁又不能呢?
Will I have to start to pay for things that I didn't have to pay for before?
我需要支付一些我现在并不需要支付的项目吗?
Will we all become slaves to algorithms and utility functions?
我们都会成为算法和应用函数的奴隶吗?
All new technology comes with trade-offs.
新技术的应用都需要我们舍弃一些东西。
The Internet brought us a lot of ways to waste time. But it also greatly increased productivity.
互联网提供了各种各样浪费时间的方式。但它同时也大幅度提高了生产率。
Mobile phones are annoying because they make me feel like I have to stay connected to work all the time.
手机也有利弊,我不得不无时无刻地关注外面的状况。
But they also help me stay connected to friends and family.
但它同时也让我和家人朋友保持联系。
The new sharing economy is going to eliminate some jobs.
新的共享经济也会限制一些工种。
But it's also going to create new, flexible forms of employment.
但它也会建立起一个新兴灵活的雇佣形式。
With programmable money, we decouple the need for large, trusted institutions from the architecture of the network.
程序货币,打破了我们和庞大的网络安全保障机构之间的联系。
And this pushes innovation in money out to the edges, where it belongs. Programmable money democratizes money.
也能推动货币革新,突破它的范围限制,程序货币使得货币变得民主化。
And because of this, things are going to change and unfold in ways that we can't even predict. Thank you.
事物甚至会以我们不能预测的方式改变和呈现出来。谢谢大家!
演讲介绍