电影《百万美元宝贝》精讲第32期: 回忆往事
日期:2015-03-31 20:33

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

QQ截图20150108231520.png

You two not speaking?
你们两个不讲话?
Don't hardly know him.
不太认识他
I met Frankie right after my 37th birthday.
我在37岁生日之后遇到了弗兰基
He was picking up cut work.
那时他干的工作是给拳手包扎伤口
He used to patch me up when I thought it was impossible.
我认为不可能的时候 他总能给我包扎好
Good man to have in your corner.
有他在赛场边真不错
Yes, he is.
是啊
He stayed with me through my Iast fight in San Berdu.
我最后一次比赛,在圣伯蒂诺 他也陪了我全场
My manager was off getting drunk2 somewhere... 我
的经理喝醉了,不知所踪
...and it was just Frankie and me.
只有我和弗兰基
I was taking a hellacious beating.
我被打得晕头转向
Everybody's got a particular number of fights in him.
每个人最多能参加多少比赛 都有个数字
Nobody tells you what that number is.
没人告诉你那个数字是多少
Mine was 1 09.
我的是109场
I just didn't want to admit it.
我只是不愿承认
Fourth round, this...
第四回合
...cut opens up.
这里被打开了口子
BIood starts pouring into my eye.
鲜血拥进我的眼睛里
They should've stopped the fight, but, hell3, I was a black man in San Berdu.
他们本应该终止那场比赛的 但是,妈的,我是个在圣伯蒂诺的黑人
BIood was what I was there for.
我到那里就是去流血的
Round after round, I kept getting Frankie to patch me up.
一回合接着一回合 我不断地让弗兰基给我包扎
...but he ain't my manager, he can't throw in nothing. ...
但他不是我的经理人 什么也不能扔
He's talking about throwing in the towel...
他想扔毛巾认输...
Round after round...
一回合接着一回合...
...he's arguing with me. ...
他一直跟我争吵
And I'm almost Iaughing because, hell, it's getting more to him than to me.
我几乎是在笑他,因为,妈的 好象是打在他身上似的
I go 1 5 rounds...
我打了15回合
Next morning, I Iose the eye.
第二天早上,我的眼睛没了
In 23 years, he's never said a thing about it.
23年来,他从来没说起过这件事
Doesn't have to. I can see it in his face every time he Iooks at me.
没这个必要 每次他看我,我都能从他的脸上读出来
Somehow...
某种程度上
...Frankie thinks he should've stopped that fight...
弗兰基认为自己应该终止那场比赛
...should've saved my eye.
可以挽救我的眼睛
Spends his Iife wishing he could take back that 1 09th fight.
他一生都希望能收回那第109场比赛

重点讲解
重点单词
1.patch
n. 眼罩;斑点;碎片;小块土地
vt. 修补;解决;掩饰
vi. 打补丁
You do not need to install the patch or snapshot.
所以您不需要安装补丁或者快照了。
2.admit
vt. 承认;准许进入;可容纳
vi. 承认;容许
She blasted to make him admit his mistake.
她激烈批评使他承认自己的错误
重点短语
1.patch up
修补;平息;拼凑
I pictured my father struggling to patch up my broken heart with a pen, and his closing words slipped like minnows through my tears.
我可以想象父亲正在用他的笔,努力来修补我那破碎的心。 他最后的话像小鱼那样悄悄溜过我的眼泪。
2.take back
拿回;撤消
I forgot to take back my bicycle.
我忘了把自行车取回来。
3.pour into
川流不息地涌入
Pour into a bowl. Put the bowl in the fridge to make the yoghurt cold.
倒进一个碗内,把碗放入冰箱内,使酸奶变凉。
考考你(翻译)
1.这意味着如果其中一个碎了,这些碎片可以用来修补另一个-或者情况是一个烫衣板板面,做成一个可爱的新手套的形式。
2.我的朋友们,是时候拿回我们热爱的国家了。
3.他感到如释重负,希望他的血液快些流动——他想要把身上所有的血都输进他孩子的身体里。
上期答案
1.Could a pinch knock out the power of an entire city?
2.Take away these teacups.
3.Turn down your radio. Don't send berserk me.

分享到