(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
Through food, we've been able to get beneath the skin of China.
通过饮食,我们得以更深层次地了解中国
Unrecognisable. It's like the new frontier.
真是日新月异,这里就像是一个全新的疆域
We discovered a country that has emerged from the trauma of the cultural revolution.
我们发现了一个从文革创伤中脱胎换骨的国家
It's like a human epic.
这就像是一部人类史诗
He's gone through all this hardship to arrive here
他历经磨难到达这里
and I think he embodies very much what China is about, looking forward. Yeah.
我认为他身上很大程度上体现出了中国的精神,那就是勇往直前。是的
The food culture that was in danger of being lost has been reinvigorated.
曾今一度陷入流失危机的饮食文化,如今又重新焕发出生机
Hands down, she is dumpling master of Beijing.
毫无疑问,她绝对是北京的饺子宗师
China is revelling in its new-found freedom.
中国正陶醉于它新获的自由里
You have these very small families that are starting businesses like this
在中国有很多小家庭开始做像卖米粉这样的小生意
and who knows? Maybe in the next 30 years,
谁知道呢,或许30年以后
they'll be a gigantic corporation, based on this family recipe.
他们会因这家庭烹饪秘方而开出一家大公司
Even in the face of sweeping modernisation...
即使面对势不可挡的现代化进程
I actually didn't expect this.
事实上我没想到会是这样
Like a mass construction site.
这里像是个大工地
Ethnic minorities are preserving their traditional cultures and cuisines.
少数民族仍然保留了他们的传统文化和烹饪方式
Who eats the head?
谁要吃这个头
The eldest here. No, no, thank you!
让这里年纪最大的人吃不,不用了,谢谢!
There's some Chinese tradition I don't like.
有一些中国传统我不太喜欢
Across China, home cooking is alive and well.
在中国,家庭烹饪生机勃勃
I've never done it like that before.
我从来没有像那样子做过
It's just, it's beautiful. I'm learning so much.
那样子做很好吃,我学到了很多
While in the mega-cities, Chinese cuisine is reaching new heights.
而在大城市里,中餐达到了一个新的高度
This is not like sweet and sour you've ever seen anywhere.
这个和你在其它地方见到的糖醋菜完全不同
It looks like a work of art.
这些菜看起来就像是艺术品
It's been a deeply personal journey that has helped us
这次的深度个人游帮我们
to understand more about our relationship with our homeland.
更加了解了我们和故乡的关系
It's all about our food. We're united by how we eat,
一切都与食物有关,我们与如何吃连系在一起
and how our passion to eat is so important
我们对吃的热情非常重要
and that's a recurrent theme, I felt, throughout wherever we went.
无论我们走到哪里,对饮食的热情都是永恒的主题
It's the essence of who we are.
它从本质是决定了我们是谁
To China, it's people, its cuisine, to its hope and to its future.
敬中国,敬中国的人民,敬中国的菜肴,还有中国的希望和未来
Cheers.
干杯
视频及简介
两个主持人是华裔名厨谭荣辉和黄瀞亿走遍中国,带领着在电视机前正在垂涎三尺的英国人民发掘地道的中华美食,探寻中国美食及其背后的历史和文化。